• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More offseason filler: How do you tailgate?

The Bull Backers have been fairly traditional: burgers & dogs... we've done breakfasts for the Noon kickoffs... and get 30-40 people at our tailgates.  MikeG brings his generator to power a large TV... and everyone does the BYOB thing.

Oh, and since we tailgate off-site from the stadium (about a block away), we start earlier - anywhere from 2 to no later than 3 pm for the 7pm kickoffs.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

tent, shrimp, steak, chicken, LCD TV, Directv satellite, Plenty of beer and liquor to go around.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

We never do the same thing as far as food...we try to mix it up and keep it fresh.  The standards...a variety of adult (always beer) and other beverages.   The contstant...gotta set up the satellite dish with the ESPN College Football Plan going.  We switch from game to game to stay up to date.   We do the tent over the whole set up.  It's quite an attention getter...just remember, if you're ever in the area...don't stay too long and keep asking us to change the channel.  It's not gonnna happen.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

hot dogs some burgers BEER, BEER, BEER, and some more my I say BEER all under a USF tent with some good friends

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Back when I lived in Florida and we attended every home game, our tailgating usually started out each season with a simple hamburger and hot dog event or something similar.  Each home game we would ratchet it up and eventually go to chicken, ribs and our final regular season fare was steak.

We were on the local news one year as some reporter was doing a piece on the tailgating atmosphere at the Bulls final home game one year.  Cute blond, can't remember her name.  She was impressed with my grill work - or so she said...   ;D

Plenty of Amber Bock abounded as well as a TV/VCR.  We ritually watched the "First Stampede" VHS tape to kickoff each season.  Then each week, we'd usually have the TV on another live game just for ambiance.

We usually tailgated with a group of about 8-10, always inviting new Bulls when possible.  We went through a few different grill upgrades, two canopy upgrades, folding tables and such.

Even bought my Xterra in a gold tone so as to complement the game day colors.  The previous tailgating vehicle was a Bulls Green Explorer.

As the kids got old enough, we would bring a foam football to the tailgate so they could toss it around and experience the brutal oppression of the Parking Lotzis.

Our tailgate usually had some banner or something that said SouthFloridaBulls.com so you may have seen us at one time or another.

In three hours I had enough time to get parked, bribe the parking lotzi, put up a canopy, hook up audio/video, cook the chow, feed everyone, eat a bite myself, take down everything, stow it, and rush into the stadium for kickoff.  It was a great time in spite of the short time allowed to "tailgate".

After I moved out of state, I generally joined BullBacker tailgates.  Those are always good.  A lot of good people, plenty of good food and Bulls talk.  Last one I attended had a couple dozen people and it was fun talking with all the gang.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

As long as you are with friends ... it's a good tailgate.

I tailgate with Bull Backers  8)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

I tailgate with the visiting fans...variety is the spice of life!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

you are a visiting fan

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  127

We generally tailgate with the USF Club (http://usfweb2.usf.edu/usfclub/), and am a member of their "tailgate committee".  Which means I meet with several other members beforehand, caravan over together, and do the onsite setup.

Two to three canopies, several tables, huge cooler of different beers, and I bring the 'ol Thermos portable grill (grill-2-go).  Prefer charcoal, but that's a pain-in-the-butt to mess with.  Usually grill up dogs, italian sausage, brats, and wings.  And sautee a huge batch of peppers and onions beforehand to bring.

The tailgate vehicle of choice...My good 'ol F-150.

All members and guests usually bring something, so there's always a ton of food....and beer.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Tent, chairs, charcoal minigrill, burgers, brauts, chips, plenty of beer, some rum for the ladies, and some stogies for the guys. Tailgating from 3-7. That's how I roll.