• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

Dennis leaving will not hurt. He was not a BE or even a top-tier conference USA player. He was too small to play the 2, didn't have any pg skills, and his D was very overrated. He should transfer to a MAC school or something and have a nice career. It was obvious he was not getting along with RMC either, around the time he came back and RMC benched him for Capko.

As far as RMC goes, the guy needs a winning record this year, no excuses. From what I've seen I have some concerns with the program, but hey win and this year and I will admit I am wrong. On the other side of that, if we are sub-500 this year you guys have to admit some of the detractors on this board are right.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

What continues to get lost on the detractors is not whether they are wrong or right...it is how some of them choose to go about making their points.  

Unnecesary repetition, insults, name-calling, accusations of the AD, etc.  Now look at Bien, he states his opinion and he is not insulting or belittling the subject of his comments.  The biggest issue with the detractors (to me) is they have become very emotional and almost an irritation about the whole thing.  On the other hand, I enjoy reading Bien's opinion and his recent undertaking with usfgrad84.  To see other posters call a USF head coach a bum or a clown is a little over the top for me.  Inserting racial tones and inferring unsubstantiated wrongdoing by former ADs is too much.  Those kind of jackals I'll never concede anything to.

Most of the non-detractor camp looks at this from a larger perspective.  USF Basketball is not an easy job as it stands.  Knowing the situations RMC has had to deal with (some of it his own doing), the non-detractor group sees enough good to not throw the baby out with the bath water.  It's closer to a wait and see in my opinion than a statement that RMc is the man.

Whining and moaning will not change anything...there is at least one more season to determine the future course.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Bien... I understand what you are syaing about the team performing to a level just good enough to allow him to keep his job, but in reality not really showing the improvement in a significant manner to take us to the next level.  What you say makes sense to me.

My feeling is we need to hold him acccountable.  If he doesn't achieve to the level of thins we have discussed on here then it's time to give someone that can do it the opportunity.  If he turns out to be the guy that's fine, then it has been time well spent.  i don't see that to be the case, but if he does get the job done then we'll be behind him.

Makes sense.  My point, and one lost on more than a few deaf ears, is potentially this next season is a team that could actually have a decent year.  Clearly, at least presuming no defections occur, he's bringing in his best assemblage of talent to date- sure some can say what has Howard done, or Verdejo can't play defense, but let's get real these guys are vastly more talented then the guys starting in those positions last year- or even the last few years.  However, how CRM assembled much of that talent is as much of a concern as his lack of success recruiting.  To that end I say that if this team performs to expectations what is someone's drop-dead win total they need to allow CRM to get an extension.

Sorry, but for me, say 14-16 wins doesn't cut it.  Again, i see what's coming in and that's a vastly improved group from last season, and some expectations should be riding on their shoulders.  I want 18 wins to be the magic number, the guy shouldn't get an easy pass just because he doubled the win total from an absymal season decimated by injuries.  He should surpass, he should show us he can finally improve the program.  He should show us he can mold this group of talented misfits coming in into some bona fide winners.  No 15-14 season and be amazed.  I want at least 18 wins AND some very strong early signing period signees (no Rob Thomas commitments but I am still checking my options) I want 2 signees at least that have big time potential.

I am sick of hearing the one dimensional naysayers talking about how this or that will never happen...next year has the potential to be very good if everyone that's suppose to come in does.  For that reason we all must start preparing ourselves for what our honest expectations would be for Mac to deserve an extension.  Again, I am not one that's going to act like 15-16 wins, doubling last year's total and we're all on his jock.  Nope, with what's coming in the guy needs to do more.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

What continues to get lost on the detractors is not whether they are wrong or right...it is how some of them choose to go about making their points.  

Unnecesary repetition, insults, name-calling, accusations of the AD, etc.  Now look at Bien, he states his opinion and he is not insulting or belittling the subject of his comments.  The biggest issue with the detractors (to me) is they have become very emotional and almost an irritation about the whole thing.  On the other hand, I enjoy reading Bien's opinion and his recent undertaking with usfgrad84.  To see other posters call a USF head coach a bum or a clown is a little over the top for me.  Inserting racial tones and inferring unsubstantiated wrongdoing by former ADs is too much.  Those kind of jackals I'll never concede anything to.

Most of the non-detractor camp looks at this from a larger perspective.  USF Basketball is not an easy job as it stands.  Knowing the situations RMC has had to deal with (some of it his own doing), the non-detractor group sees enough good to not throw the baby out with the bath water.  It's closer to a wait and see in my opinion than a statement that RMc is the man.

Whining and moaning will not change anything...there is at least one more season to determine the future course.

hammer_nail.jpg

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

"Unnecesary repetition, insults, name-calling, accusations of the AD, etc.  Now look at Bien, he states his opinion and he is not insulting or belittling the subject of his comments.  The biggest issue with the detractors (to me) is they have become very emotional and almost an irritation about the whole thing."

Bulliever and S Bien are entangled in a love affair almost as strong as the Sheriff and Smazza. You're a sissy Brad and I own you on the asphalt grandpa!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

"Unnecesary repetition, insults, name-calling, accusations of the AD, etc.  Now look at Bien, he states his opinion and he is not insulting or belittling the subject of his comments.  The biggest issue with the detractors (to me) is they have become very emotional and almost an irritation about the whole thing."

Bulliever and S Bien are entangled in a love affair almost as strong as the Sheriff and Smazza. You're a sissy Brad and I own you on the asphalt grandpa!

Good one Sheriff, but I've got to question your selection in a dance partner.  Smazza seems to tightly wound to be a decent partner.

It's all in good fun.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

This is hilarious.  The only posters that get any credit are the ones who conform with the USF big brothers and defenders view.  I feel so unwelcome after that deep heartened post bulliever.  You mean you dont like my posts but you like Biens and usfgrads, wow my feelings are hurt..........FART!!! The problem is, a personality like Aris is different than most, he has never seen anything like the usf basketball program. Maybe we are from big cities where things like this would NEVER happen (like entereing the big east completely unprepared). But since Seth we have been at games just completely shocked on how a team can continually almost get you there, to spit in your face and blow it.  Get yoo so close, but NO cigar.  Then after all that join the big east.  Wow the big east, this can only mean upside...right??? No No No, we hire and stay with a coach who noone has ever heard of.  And what does he do?  Well you guys know what he does.  Amazing, when we thought things would be great at usf, we thought we would be able to compete with these teams, maybe recruit somehwat like they do, get some big time recruits. Get some national exposure, make sportscenter (which we did, not for good reasons) Nope, doesnt happen.  We are a team the top BE teams practice their depth and bench on, so we keep it close and then circle jerk together because we did so.  Laughable.  Ask anyone from a big east school outside of Florida what they think about USF basketball, tell me if you like their answer.  This is the way it will stay with Mac in the drivers seat, even if these transfers play well and we wins some games and gain some credit we will never get better than mediocre, because any talented ball player is going to play for a coach who has way more name recognition and more importantly a winning track record.  

herman - where can i purchase some adult sized green and gold one pieced bulls pajamas with the flaps in the back and the plastic feeties.  You know some of you know where.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

This is hilarious.  The only posters that get any credit are the ones who conform with the USF big brothers and defenders view.  I feel so unwelcome after that deep heartened post bulliever.  You mean you dont like my posts but you like Biens and usfgrads, wow my feelings are hurt..........FART!!!

Don't take this personally, Herm, but you obviously have a reading problem or is just someone who bitches just for the sake of ********. The fact that you think Brad singled out those two and gave them credit because they agree with him and us other "defenders" is a freaking joke. Bien and usfgrad are both almost totally aligned with your thinking about Mac as far as him being our coach. Brad just pointed out that they can get their points across without resorting to middle school type tirades ..... something you guy(s) have yet to master.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

It is really easy to shut us up.  Just win some games.  Make the conference tourny for the love of god.  Maybe bang out an 18 win season.  DOn't lose to Boofon Cookman.  Maybe play in a Holiday Classic that has better teams then SW Mizzou State and Loyal Maramount.

Give me something to cheer for.  Enough of the "rebuilding" talk.  It's been 4 years and 7 conference wins.  Dump or get off the pot.  You were brought in to undertake a job.   Which was to coach a basketball program.  Ã‚ Up to this point you have failed miserable.  Your winning percentage is the worst in the conference.  YOu have finished in the bottom quarter every year you have been here.  You have failed to even make the post-season tourny 2 of the 3 years.  The administration  gave you another year, I don't think you deserve it, but produce or take a hike.  I am tired of the analysis and breakdown.  All that matters at the end of the day is how many wins you have and how far in the tourny you make it.

It's why I love the game of golf so much.  They don't ask you how you played.  They don't ask you were you hit it.  They don't care how many putts, chips, shanks or squibs you had.  They just say "what did you shoot.?"

So MAC......put up or take a hike and lets get on with it.

Ari-

Who defends Rod Smith and CJL to the heavens but thinks Mac is the biggest turkey this side of the Mississippi.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Brad just pointed out that they can get their points across without resorting to middle school type tirades .....

applause.gif

Well stated fellow "defender"... ;D