• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste will be the Starter in the fall

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not going to go so far as smazza but it's apparent that if we're "stuck" with PJ as the starting QB on this team for a 3rd straight year than someone needs to be held accountable. We are far too good a program to have this again.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

The difference between this year and last is we won't be 'stuck' with PJ as a starter.  If he indeed falters as many predict then Grothe and Hill are becoming viable options to come off the bench and to potentially eventually presume the starting role.  Last year neither were even close to being ready, and Denson wasn't the answer.

Grothe and Hill made a lot of errors during the spring game.  Leavitt and staff are not apt to just throw them into the wolves if they're not ready.  That can be severely counterproductive.  I would expect some would at least see the error in that plan.  It isn't about giving them experience it's about winning games.   Again, the difference is if PJ stays the starter he will have a much shorter leash because we've got options on the bench now.  Also, in the first two games you can expect all three will get playing time so it won't be like we're sacrificing anything.

For the betterment of the future we must hope Grothe or Hill steps up.  If they do not in time for game #1, you can't hold anyone accountable because kids develop at their own pace.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

This is the 3rd season in a row we have heard the same argument of why PJ should be the starter because of his experience.  Well I am making a prediction.  I predict that if PJ starts this season while we have two nationally ranked QB's in thier respective recruiting years both with 1 year of experience learning our offensive offense riding the bench this will be the last year I shell out my hard earned money to support this group of Bungles some are calling coaches.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

The difference between this year and last is we won't be 'stuck' with PJ as a starter.

IMO we are stuck with someone when the only reason I hear to start him is because he has experience, and nobody else is ready. That's not a reason to start him, that's just a reason not to start someone else.  

If they do not in time for game #1, you can't hold anyone accountable because kids develop at their own pace.

WHAT?? Someone must be held accountable. we just didn't fall into this situation, we've had a few years to rectify it.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

RH and Spence are right on.  

To spend ALOT of my hard earned money watching this team score 7 points in Mia and ZERO in our bowl is becoming very hard to justify.  I will not travel to these away games if PJ is starting and we're seeing the same thing as last season.  If Grothe or Hill is starting and making freshman mistakes I can live with that and will continue to support.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

RH and Spence are right on.  

To spend ALOT of my hard earned money watching this team score 7 points in Mia and ZERO in our bowl is becoming very hard to justify.  I will not travel to these away games if PJ is starting and we're seeing the same thing as last season.  If Grothe or Hill is starting and making freshman mistakes I can live with that and will continue to support.

To not support the team if Julmiste is QB is ridiculous.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

To not support the team if Julmiste is QB is ridiculous.

I agree but, as it's been pointed out before, we can't be choosy with our fans at this juncture in our development as an athletic program. Fair weather fans are needed too and we'll welcome them back if we do good this year ......

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

I agree but, as it's been pointed out before, we can't be choosy with our fans at this juncture in our development as an athletic program. Fair weather fans are needed too and we'll welcome them back if we do good this year ......

Very good point....

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

IMO, not going to away games b/c of the frustation you experience watching an incompetent QB does not constitute a full fledge..."Not supporting your team".  I have experienced this frustration first hand in Columbia SC, Charlotte, NC, & Birmingham, AL to name a few.  Going to away games is not cheap.  I expect the chance to win.  Not going doesn't mean you can't support your team at RJS w/season tix and watch the away games on TV.  I kinda of agree too that Pat is not going to win USF any championships so why not go w/the future as in Hill or Grothe.  Pat has had two seasons to prove himself.  IMO Pat has proved he's a decent No. 2 or a good D1AA QB or he shoulda be a strong safety.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

IMO, not going to away games b/c of the frustation you experience watching an incompetent QB does not constitute a full fledge..."Not supporting your team".

Good point .... the away game scenario is different than saying you're not going to support them.