• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why can't we advertise on campus?  Does anyone ever remember that this athletic program is a COLLEGE program?  We never get students to go, and we never try to get them to go!

This needs to change

I've been screaming this for months. Yes we should advertise in the Tampa community, but in all reality the future of the program depends on the CURRENT students and the contributions down the line.

So many seem content with getting those in Tampa out, but the reality is those in Tampa that really really want to watch the Bulls are here...and there might be a few stragglers, but those left either

a) Don't like college football

B) fans of another team

there is a campus of 30,000+ students that many feel no connection to the programs at all. Is it the Athletic Dept's fault..No! Those kids haven't cared enough to check it out in the first place. However, you do need to cater some towards them to at least create the buzz.

This program has come a long way, in ALL sports not just football. However, we receive VERY little in booster backing. I think the current students will be the biggest source of this money from here on out. It might take 10-15 years, but once it starts comming in, it will come in by the bunches.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink. I just feel our students need a lil more of a push towards that water.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

The attendance we have been getting for our spring game is pretty good considering our season ticket base.

And as mentioned before ... spring games are boring to a degree and are only for die-hards. I especially watch to see the individual play of players. I watch this game over and over again.

What else is there to do in places like OK & NE ...

And be sure if you talk to someone at the game ... ask them if they are aware of this site. If you are a BULLs fan ... this is a drug fix.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Don't know if they even mention the sprin game on the radio down there?  I know today the UGA and GT spring games have been the major topic on all the local sports talk shows.  People calling in prognosticating about starters etc.  Do they even mention our spring game on the radio down there?

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

The attendance we have been getting for our spring game is pretty good considering our season ticket base.

just shows the real season ticket holders go to the spring game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Don't know if they even mention the sprin game on the radio down there?  ...  Do they even mention our spring game on the radio down there?

The problem is that there are not enough people BULL Fans that call in ...

Fans dictate what is on the radio ... we just do not have enough.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Will the game be live again on Ch 47?  I think it was last year for the first time.  That has to take attendance down a little.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

...couple of quick, but unrelated things...

a) Spring Game attendance at Nebrasksa/Oklahoma. Bear in

mind that for a lot of those folks - that's the only time

they're gonna be seeing the team live, given the sold-out,

waiting list situation.

B) BH47: don't know if it's gonna be live, but I do think

there's been some commentary about being tape-delayed.

c) ET is right. Just being brutally honest, the spring game is

boring for the average fan, but the die-hards are there

regardless.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Will the game be live again on Ch 47?  I think it was last year for the first time.  That has to take attendance down a little.

yes

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Why can't we advertise on campus?  Does anyone ever remember that this athletic program is a COLLEGE program?  We never get students to go, and we never try to get them to go!

This needs to change

You CAN advertise on campus, It's called word of mouth... If you want something done right, start standing up and preaching the word!!!  Make up some Flyers and post them around school ! Drop some off at the local businesses too ! Every little thing you do helps.     ;D

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Mutt,

I don't speak for all students on here, but word of mouth by other students is about as effective as punching them in the face and asking them to go to the game. The problem isn't word of mouth. It is the fact that the kids DO NOT CARE about Bulls sports unless it's a game they feel is worth going to (UCF, WVU).

I constantly tried to get people to go to games who didn't go regularly. I usually could get them to the stadium, but in most cases they decided they were going to a) find someplace else to drink and not go to the game at or B) go into the stadium and leave at 1/2 time.

I just feel that if they were given a little shot in the arm, they could sway their heads to the games a little more we'd have better student participation.

Student attendance was good last year, but it was disturbing how many of the students didn't get involved in the Louisville game until we were up or any game at that matter. They all seemed to make their way into the stadium and down from the Pirate ship at that point.

While it had improved from my 1st year at USF (graduated in dec) I have this gut feeling that it will regress with the lack of big name opponents comming in this year. Last year we had FAMU, UCF, Louisville, and WVU...This year we have Pitt...if they play well.