• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt Game to Mon @ 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I can empathize with those fans that have taken umbrage with the thought of moving the Pitt Game, however, despite whatever travel plans have been made, a five month advance should be adequate amount time to make the necessary changes.  Moving the game will allow USF to be the feature game allowing USF football to reach the many football fans and players across the nation!  I like the move, and plan to attend regardless.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

BHB

I think it will be the opposite.  Folks will go out of town or to the beach for the weekend.  Drive home early Monday and be tired.  Instead of considering walking up & buying a ticket & sitting in the 4 pm heat, they'll just stay home in the A/C, save the money and watch the games on ESPN.  I know at my age, by the end of any 3 day weekend I need to chill out and recover for work on Monday or Tuesday.  

I believe I have presidence here too.  It's happened in the past.  The rule of thumb is if you can watch the Bulls on the tube, why spend the money.  You must consider most posting here are die-hards.  Getting that extra 5K in attendance comes from the curious, casual fan.  Heck, there may have been holiday weekend issues on Saturday nite.  Just look at the Green n Gold game over the Easter weekend.

These people that will be too tired would have never come in the first place on Sat.

If they do go home and watch it on TV, then they will see the excitement and come to the next game!

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I think the game won't be switched if the Pitt coach has anything to say about it. He wasn't even happy about playing @USF in September in the evening, let alone the afternoon. Frankly, I think he'd prefer it not being broadcast on ESPN at all, as a loss in front of a national audience might hasten his departure.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I just spoke to a fiend of mine who is a UM fan n season holder n he wasnt surprised that we would be changing times or dates for games to be on ESPN.According to him UM actually has many times had times as TBA waiting for ESPN etc so he says it happens to them quite a bit. Ill be there for the game even if is monday at 4pm but i might try to get off work that tuesday.LOL

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

a great game highlights both programs and the big east

wants no NEEDS this kind of exposure opportunity if it wants to

show it belongs in the bcs

heres hoping for a great game and a triple overtime win for usf!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I just spoke to a fiend of mine who is a UM fan n season holder n he wasnt surprised that we would be changing times or dates for games to be on ESPN.According to him UM actually has many times had times as TBA waiting for ESPN etc so he says it happens to them quite a bit. Ill be there for the game even if is monday at 4pm but i might try to get off work that tuesday.LOL

Good point - maybe we shouldn't ***** & moan, after all if the seas don't part for teams like UM then the same could happen to anyone.

Semper Gumby (always flexible)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Sigh...attendance will drop 8-10K to 30K instead of a potential 38.5-40K.  BTW there is no reason this game couldn't be televised Sat. nite....

The reason it can't be televised Saturday night is because ESPN is looking to fill the Labor Day afternoon time slot. It ain't about televising the mighty USF Bulls and Pitt Panthers...it's about ESPN making a decision as to where/how they can garner the most viewers.  

I don't see a 10K drop in attendance by moving to Monday afternoon. A day off is a day off. Doesn't matter if it's Saturday or Monday.  Anyone waffling on Monday between going to the beach/picnic and going to the game, would probably waffle on Saturday night between a great weekend party/night out and the game as well.

It's Pitt. At RayJ. How long has this game been talked about? How long have we looked forward to this game?

Un uh...moving the game to Monday is not a tragedy of monumental proportion. 8)

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Un uh...moving the game to Monday is not a tragedy of monumental proportion. 8)

Unless you're smazza, that is.   ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

why do you think labor day afternoon is open?

no one will watch  pitt v USF on labor day afternoon

give me an example where a game was changed after schedule was published from a sat night to a monday afternoon concerning any other team in nation other than USF.

changing time of a game but keeping it the same day isn't if close

howiep- i hope you are right

i can't imagine pitt fans like the change.

hasn't USF lost enough on national TV?

this strategy hasn't helped basketball

you guys are wrong if you think this won't kill attendance

i wonder why more teams don't play on labor day at 4pm?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Not monumental...?!  How about cataclyzmic of armagedon proportions?!  Probably not that either.  All's it really is is an inconvenience but it IS the 3rd time in less than a yr.  Is Tampa's TV market that important?  USF will be known as that university that plays on all the holidays.  BTW I like the idea of playing on T'giving in RJS at 12pm with an open week the Sat. before.   Ya know this post is almost to dramatic to post  ;).  While I am not happy about the move it really doesn't affect if I go or not.