• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt Game to Mon @ 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Does that mean we can get drunk outside of the Dome until about 4 am again?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

YOU BET!!! Except this time I"LL Call UP and let em know!!! ;D

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, let's try to keep Terry away from them this time!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

At least with the offering of donuts!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I say it gets done ... granted, it does suck for outta towners, but this is a small percentage. A 4 PM KO won't hurt local attendance.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Sigh...attendance will drop 8-10K to 30K instead of a potential 38.5-40K.  BTW there is no reason this game couldn't be televised Sat. nite.  The Pitt@USF is a top 5 game maybe top 3 for the labor day w'end.  IMO the only positive of playing Monday nite is cash.  USF should be getting $350K plus to move this game.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when USF hits a  valley,ESPN will be nowhere to be found and neither will he fans USF has alientated by changing  date of game for 3rd time.

fans are the blood of a program

losing  a national televised game doesn't help you

this ii san advantage to pitt because their staff and players are used to TV.Usf is not .usf will be the tight team.

bulldoug=- you are right but i wil go one step further.it is an insult to the fans like myself that have been there from the beginning to constantly change these marquee games.

i have never scene this happen to a team so many times and it is to the detriment of the fan base and attendance figures.

i know many of you think mazza is whinning but i assure you isn't about me. i will be just fine.

it is a stupid way to run a program.you don't want to alienate fans.the program is so young.

many people feel this way but they are afraid to say it for fear of nasty responses.

everyone wonders why atteendance at supporting events for USF is poor.one doesn't have to look further than how the athletic dept treats its fans

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

Why is moving game such a bad idea? It is 5 months away! This will actually help attendance in my opinion. Most people go out of town or to the beach for Labor Day! Many people would not have been in town or would not have driven back from beach on Sat. Now people who were going out of town or to beach can come back on Monday and still make game.

I see this as a plus!

IMO

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

losing  a national televised game doesn't help you

this ii san advantage to pitt because their staff and players are used to TV.Usf is not .usf will be the tight team.

bulldoug=- you are right but i wil go one step further.it is an insult to the fans like myself that have been there from the beginning to constantly change these marquee games.

i have never scene this happen to a team so many times and it is to the detriment of the fan base and attendance figures.

it is a stupid way to run a program.you don't want to alienate fans.the program is so young.

many people feel this way but they are afraid to say it for fear of nasty responses.

everyone wonders why atteendance at supporting events for USF is poor.one doesn't have to look further than how the athletic dept treats its fans

I've got a big bone to pick with this...

First, it is a very weak excuse to say we shouldn't be on national TV because Pitt is used to it and we are too nervous.  How in the world do you expect this program to continue to grow and gain national respect if it's not on national TV because we're "too scared".  That is just complete garbage.  The only way to get better is to win on national TV.  That will get rid of the jitters.  The more you're on TV the more natural it will become.

Second, every, and I mean every big time program has had one of their game times moved around DURING the season at some point.  We should be happy that we're getting 5 months advanced notice.  Have you never heard of ESPN picking up an SEC game two or three weeks prior, and moving it from an afternoon kickoff to 7pm?  Just read your sports section during the season, and you'll see that it happens all of the time.

Simple solution to this ********.  Don't most people have a job that gives you a few vacation days?  Take a day off!  Or even half a day off for that matter.  Enjoy the long weekend, and watch the Bulls win on ESPN.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Why is moving game such a bad idea? It is 5 months away! This will actually help attendance in my opinion. Most people go out of town or to the beach for Labor Day! Many people would not have been in town or would not have driven back from beach on Sat. Now people who were going out of town or to beach can come back on Monday and still make game.

I see this as a plus!

IMO

BHB

I think it will be the opposite.  Folks will go out of town or to the beach for the weekend.  Drive home early Monday and be tired.  Instead of considering walking up & buying a ticket & sitting in the 4 pm heat, they'll just stay home in the A/C, save the money and watch the games on ESPN.  I know at my age, by the end of any 3 day weekend I need to chill out and recover for work on Monday or Tuesday.  

I believe I have presidence here too.  It's happened in the past.  The rule of thumb is if you can watch the Bulls on the tube, why spend the money.  You must consider most posting here are die-hards.  Getting that extra 5K in attendance comes from the curious, casual fan.  Heck, there may have been holiday weekend issues on Saturday nite.  Just look at the Green n Gold game over the Easter weekend.