• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt game on Labor day?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Especially on a holiday where a vast majority of people are off, at home with family, and itching to start watching football.  The game being during the day would help also with viewership.  Potential to be the best exposure USF has ever had.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

Since ABC owns ESPN, etc, etc....   How will all this interfere with Monday Night Football?  Would the NFL not be playing by Labor Day?

Another reason to have it during the day.  I can probably see an ABC or ESPN daytime double-header with Miami/F$U and then USF/Pitt.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

go for it, the exposure would be unmeasurable esp if we have a bust out game this could carry over to the polls later in the season

sorry i may not be able to make it

probably the most important game in our short history, darn

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

A holiday, let's see last time we did that was Halloween.

Yes, the diehard types (yes, drove in from Orlando) were there; however, the families were not.

Call me suspicious but I don't think it will be that well attended unless there is some serious hype built.  I am dreaming of the day the upper deck is open;  however, I am not sure Pitt will do that for us.  

I am suppose to be on a cruise, now I gotta make sure that it would get back into Port Canaviral early enough, or change plans and cruise out of Tampa.  My luck, the boat would get stuck in Tampa Bay on the way back in and I would have to listen on the radio.  

If they do plan to change it, they need to let people know now, early May at the latest.  Families plan trips months in advance.  

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Since ABC owns ESPN, etc, etc....   How will all this interfere with Monday Night Football?  Would the NFL not be playing by Labor Day?

Another reason to have it during the day.  I can probably see an ABC or ESPN daytime double-header with Miami/F$U and then USF/Pitt.

The NFL will start play the weekend after Labor Day from now on.  

I think the move to Labor Day afternoon will be a smart one.  It'll most likely be the only game on Labor Day afternoon.  Good exposure.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

The NFL will start play the weekend after Labor Day from now on.  

I think the move to Labor Day afternoon will be a smart one.  It'll most likely be the only game on Labor Day afternoon.  Good exposure.

I don't believe it, a positive comment from a Knight! ???

Guest Jim Judy

While a afternoon televised game will aid in exposure, I wouldn't look for much of a draw from Panther fans. Pitt fans don't travel well,end of summer in Fla. (weather not appealing),basketball is more in the spotlight,this game not a highlight on Panthers schedule as Nebraska and the bakyard brawl are the five star games.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Makes sense.  New BE game and then a a new ACC game.  However Pitt@USF would definitely be the first game so we're talking a 3:30 kickoff.  That could be good for USF.  You know the whole Florida heat thing and all.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

labor day is a family day

no one will watch game on TV that is why day is open

pitt fans will not travel to game either

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Turkey day is more of a family day and I know you find yourself watching football that day.