• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF offers GULF QB Voss a  scholarship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

Well let me just put it to you this way.  We have signs for the QB to get from the coaches on the field to keep the play or change it.  yet they kept it.  You make your own decision on that.  I am just stating facts.  I understand Matt could read a defense in H.S. but defense in college is a lot more complicated.  and if no one is teaching him to read a defense or what plays to change to then it will be tough.  Smith had 3 years to teach Julmiste or any other QB for that matter and it has not got done.  Do you know how much I could teach someone is 3 years.

Trust me it concerns me as well, but my concern is the coach who is supposedly teaching the players to read a defense.  Pat is in college I am sure if taught correctly he could learn to read a defense.  If not taught well then I doubt it.  My problem is with the offensive coaching itself.  Not with Matt or Hill.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

After returning from Charlotte I watched the game on DVR and it was worse than when I saw it live.  You could see the edge rusher coming up the field, you knew it was an option to that side as  they had one RB come in motion that way and yet they ran the play anyway.  I think one time PJ saw the guy line up that side, look for an audible and ran the play anyways.  exbull is exactly right on this.  It is horrible.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

old news

our offensive qbs have been bad for years

nothing will change

bulls will remain offensively challenged

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Well let me just put it to you this way.  We have signs for the QB to get from the coaches on the field to keep the play or change it.  yet they kept it.  You make your own decision on that.  I am just stating facts.  I understand Matt could read a defense in H.S. but defense in college is a lot more complicated.  and if no one is teaching him to read a defense or what plays to change to then it will be tough.  Smith had 3 years to teach Julmiste or any other QB for that matter and it has not got done.  Do you know how much I could teach someone is 3 years.

Trust me it concerns me as well, but my concern is the coach who is supposedly teaching the players to read a defense.  Pat is in college I am sure if taught correctly he could learn to read a defense.  If not taught well then I doubt it.  My problem is with the offensive coaching itself.  Not with Matt or Hill.  

PJ's problem wasn't knowing the offense or reading defenses.....instead it was delivering the **** BALL!!!

Why is that so hard for people to understand. How many times would PJ underthrow or overthrow WIDE...FREAKIN....OPEN RECEIVERS???

If they were wide open that means that our receivers must of run a good pattern called by our offensive staff.  Even in the bowl game we had the fullback out of the backfield wide open for big yardage several times during the game only for PJ to throw him a Jerry West style bounce pass.

So this takes us to the new guys: if Grothe can just be average it would be miles ahead of what we have right now. The same goes for Hill & Gregory, and the incoming freshmen.

Some of you think that Blackwell was Tom Brady. Black was a great playmaker  for USF, but he was really an average QB in terms of accuracy, arm strength etc. What he had that seperated him from the others was that he never took negative plays and didn't turn the ball over too much, especially as an upperclassman.

Geesh.....this reminds of another 'exBull' who badmouthed Andre Hall and said he wasn't in Leon Washington's class yet Hall blew up at the NFL combine.

Enough.....let the best man win.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Ha Ha...oh boy are you guys in for something special!!

Let the competition begin!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Here's hoping you are right flip flop. I personally would like to see C Hill back there based on his athletic ability... but if Matt has the moxy to take over, so be it. Let's just get some leadership back there!