• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF offers GULF QB Voss a  scholarship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I know there are alot of Gulf Grads on this board maybe a gulf guy will play QB for our BULLS.

from Scout.com

QB Getting The Attention

By Jamie Newberg

National Recruiting Analyst

Date: Mar 8, 2006

Alton Voss is a quarterback prospect from Florida and schools are showing him love. Voss, from New Port Richey, Florida, has one offer and a slew of teams knocking on his door.

One of the top quarterback prospects from the Sunshine State next season is Alton Voss from New Port Richey (Fla.) Gulf High School. Voss, 6-3 and 215 pounds, runs in the 4.6 range. Last season as a junior he passed for over 1,300 yards and 13 touchdowns and rushed for over 1,100 yards and 13 scores. Voss, who will be a three-year starter, can beat you with his arms and legs. “I am smart and dependable,†said Voss. “I am pretty much able to do anything, whatever the coach wants and whatever my team needs. I am tough, play with heart and I am a leader out there.

â€ÂI do need to work on the little things. Mainly, I just try and pick everyone up when they are down and I try to lead by example and be the first in line for every drill.â€Â

In regards to recruiting, Voss has one scholarship offer, from [glb]South Florida[/glb], and a slew of other schools like LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Florida, Miami, Louisville, and Florida State are showing a ton of interest. For now, he remains wide open.

“USF has offered and they are close to home. They are also a program on the upswing and they have improved each season.

â€ÂAlabama has everything. That’s where Bear Bryant was. They are college football and Alabama is football country.

â€ÂSame thing with Auburn. They are all about football.

“N.C. State is not too far from home and that’s a place where I think I can play relatively early.

“LSU is an elite program. Look at what they did in their Bowl game against a team like Miami. That showed me a lot.

â€ÂLouisville is a school I camped at last summer and I did very well there.

â€ÂI am originally from Michigan and I like the Wolverines. They are all about tradition. That stadium is awesome and I would love that pressure.

â€ÂOf all the teams, Mississippi State is probably showing me the most love and they are recruiting me the hardest. Their coaches are great and very friendly. They have certainly showed me a lot of love.

â€ÂI am pretty open right now but those are the teams that stand out. It will basically come down to where I feel my game fits in to what school, playing time and coaching stability.â€Â

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/506732.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This will be hard. We're one of about 30-40 schools that will offer this kid. Hopefully he wants to stick around.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This would be a huge get.

Time for all us Gulf Grads to go and have a talk with young Voss

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

hopefully he has an off season and we scoop him up after other teams decide against him.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Time for all us Gulf Grads to go and have a talk with young Voss

That would be against the NCAA rules and we'd get in a poop load of trouble for it. You can show to the games with stuff supporting USF...but please! do NOT mention USF/where he's going/etc or you could hurt the school.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you guys are fools to think this guy is coming to usf

delusional

it is meaningless what he says now

That would be against the NCAA rules and we'd get in a poop load of trouble for it. You can show to the games with stuff supporting USF...but please! do NOT mention USF/where he's going/etc or you could hurt the school.

I was joking Trust me I know the rules it wasn’t that long ago I was getting recruited

you guys are fools to think this guy is coming to usf

delusional

it is meaningless what he says now

The only thing meaningless are your posts ::)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Why would it be against NCAA rules for someoneno longer affiliated with USF other than being an alum to talk to someone about where they're going to college?

I can't believe there's a QB with this much hype coming from Gulf.  When I was there, we threw about 3 times per game.  Those stats don't really jump out at me.  Would he really be any better than Chill C Denson, or even L. Gachette for that matter?  

Bullfreak, Gulf is class 3A right?