• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see one place in that article where Woolard is being quoted directly?  It means nothing til he says it!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I don't see one place in that article where Woolard is being quoted directly?  It means nothing til his says it!

very true

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

If they don't make the move they don't know their heads from their asses.  This guy has a 6-40 conference record and has failed to win at least 2 games in conference 2 of the 3 years he has been here.  To not bring in huggins is just the dumbest decision I have ever heard or seen.

You want a community to show up and watch basketball, you want to build a donor base that contributes big money, you have to prove to the community you are committed to winning.

i don't care what any of the mac supporters say, there is not a school in the country that would keep a coach around with the performance he has put forward.  The guy's recruiting record and winning record is in the gutter.

A big mistake to not hire huggins.  The buzz around this town has been incredible.  No way you can look a big donor in the eyes and say "we aren't going to take the hall of famer, we are going to stick with mac."

It is just totally ridiculous.  Even if you don't bring in Huggins, to allow a guy to keep his job with this kind of performance is just absurd.

Woolard you only get a few chances in life to make a big move, this is one of them.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

instead of gettin rid of mac....WE GET RID OF ROD! (hopefully)

If only it would happen.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

you will see a response from the tribune.   that will tell the tale.

someone is clearly fighting back, looks like it might be the athletic department.  who knows

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I am honestly cheering for UCONN to smoke us by 50.  Anything to create an uproar.  This guy has no business being our coach.  

If they miss out on Huggins, they deserve 10 more years of poor basketball.

My hope is that this is coming out to calm the nerves and make the seperation a little classier.

hopefully the boosters will pony their money up and say -- "no huggins, no money."

that is what they do at big football schools.

zook was run out of town by the boosters at UF.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

If they don't make the move they don't know their heads from their asses.  This guy has a 6-40 conference record and has failed to win at least 2 games in conference 2 of the 3 years he has been here.  To not bring in huggins is just the dumbest decision I have ever heard or seen.

You want a community to show up and watch basketball, you want to build a donor base that contributes big money, you have to prove to the community you are committed to winning.

i don't care what any of the mac supporters say, there is not a school in the country that would keep a coach around with the performance he has put forward.  The guy's recruiting record and winning record is in the gutter.

A big mistake to not hire huggins.  The buzz around this town has been incredible.  No way you can look a big donor in the eyes and say "we aren't going to take the hall of famer, we are going to stick with mac."

It is just totally ridiculous.  Even if you don't bring in Huggins, to allow a guy to keep his job with this kind of performance is just absurd.

Woolard you only get a few chances in life to make a big move, this is one of them.

agreed..as much as i like mac as a person, i just don't feel this thing is going to get any better next year with a full bench..(it will i guess for the people who think winning 11-13 games total next year is acceptable). having the opportunity to bring in a coach (huggins or davis) that will possibly bring in the top 2 recruits along with filling the sundome every game is an opportunity that I feel can't be passed up..but as long as mac is the coach i will support him i guess even though i believe performance and attendance will be the same or possibly worse next year

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Mac never even made the NCAA at western michigan.

This whole shananigans makes no sense.

It's like turning down Tom Landry because you want to give Sam Wise another year to see how he does.

MAKES NO SENSE.!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

It seems like everyone is now putting on their poker faces now that the secret was let out of the bag. To be honest, I dont know what source to trust right now. I find it strange that neither Huggins or his attorney would have put this rumor to rest right now. I find it strange that Andy Katz did not at least attempt to contact Huggins about this situation. Sources from USF could have been other USF boosters like Mike Charles that are against the move. Also, McCullum did not seem to sound right after that loss to Rutgers on Sunday. He did not sound like himself. Maybe McCullum wants to get brought out of this mess or something.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

I love the "lets see what he can do with a full bench"  What is the good of a full bench of mid major college ball talent.  We need Big East caliber talent and you cannot get that coming off an 0-16 league season combined with a no name coach.