• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, that's disgusting.  What kind of fan for any team would want to lose by 50 to someone?  That doesn't sound like a fan to me.  Hell, I don't root for USF to lose by 50 and I'm one of the "bad guys."  I felt bad for the losing streak despite all the grief we got for ours.

It's not like the pros where the more you lose, the better draft pick you get.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

rmc will get more time

but he is a lame duck

no one is coming to usf to play for rmc now

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

When he recruits, players are going to ask.  Who else do you have coming in?  The answer is noone so we will get selfish recruits that will come here only because they know they have a great shot to play.  Like David Seals.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

NObody seems concerned

Guest guest
 The answer is noone so we will get selfish recruits that will come here only because they know they have a great shot to play.   

right. I'd much rather have the type of player that comes in and wants no chance to play like Ingram did for the Gator football and bball teams.

makes a lot of sense. They would really help build our program!!

I'd say most worthwhile recruits look for a situation where they can play.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

The good news is that great basketball is played every March, and into April.

The bad news is that it's never from a USF basketball team.

One more season? Wow, there'd have to be one heck of a turn-around for fans to feel they have the b-ball coach of the future presently at the helm.

And, what would an acceptable turn-around be when you're 1-15 in league play? 3 wins? 5 wins? .500?  So, they go .500 in the Big East next year. Satsify anyone? Why waste everyone's time, including the coaches? He could be searching for his new job during the off-season.

With that statement from the president, you can now officially say that USF's focus is to be known as a

football school.

Guest guest

One more season? Wow, there'd have to be one heck of a turn-around for fans to feel they have the b-ball coach of the future presently at the helm.

And, what would an acceptable turn-around be when you're 1-15 in league play? 3 wins? 5 wins? .500?  So, they go .500 in the Big East next year. Satsify anyone? Why waste everyone's time, including the coaches? He could be searching for his new job during the off-season.

With that statement from the president, you can now officially say that USF's focus is to be known as a

football school.

.500 in the B.E. would be unbelievable!!

I don't think it will happen next year but if it does then we could see CRM leave for a better job and higher pay.

Hell Seth left for  higher pay and he could only go .500 in CUSA.

UL isn't .500. neither is Syracuse. They both still have an outside chance of making the NCAA tourney. WVU was in the same position last year and they made the tourney and had an unbelievable run.

Obviously you don't know much about basketball if you think .500 in the BE is not a great accomplishment.

It's funny how a lot of people on here think it is a birthrite of USF's to be successful at the BE level (since we never were at the CUSA level) and that we should be able to do it with the 78th highest paid coach in college basketball. what a joke.

Guest guest
rmc will get more time

but he is a lame duck

no one is coming to usf to play for rmc now

rmc has transfers coming in from Arizona, LSU and Valpo.

pretty good programs if you ask me.

if they were worth schollies there then they must have game.

probably not worth it according to herman though. I think they are transferring because they actually want to play.

who needs recruits that are selfish enough to want to play?

Guest S.  Bien
we will be fine

cusa

7-20

14-16 (wins over 2 ranked  teams)

BE monster

7-23 (with many many problems)

15-15 (5-10) next year

18-12 (7-8) the following year, NIT

20-10 (9-6) the  following year, NCAA

that is my expectation and prediction

i think mac can and will get us there

IMHO anyone that expects more than that, even with (super coach) is

smoking some serious stuff.

I believe next year we will be better than 15-15, and 5-10 in conference.  by 2-4 more wins.  I have been told by someone very close with the program that the concensus is when Verdejo, and Howard step onto the court together they will be one of the top backcourts in the Big East next year.  Howard was  SuperPrep AA, and will be a top flight BE PG next season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

football school.

USF is 4-3 for the last two March's with 3 wins against top 25 teams. Maybe not "great" basketball" but **** good .... but I wouldn't expect you'd recognize that, especially considering you actually have doubts that .500 in the BE would satisfy anyone. Some need to just stick to football bashing ...