• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Someone set up hirehuggins.com PLEASE!

Guest rueben_horowitz

if i made the tourney and only got to the second round every year, i would be mad, after while it gets old to just get to the second round and to go no further

Great; when we go to the second round of the tourney for five straight yrs, you can b*tch all you want and I'll laugh; I just want to get there. Let's get there first; then worry about winning it. Let's get some great recruits - then worry about graduating them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Yes Mike, I think alumni complaining makes the university think/react/consider.

Not just any old alumni but the $$$ alumni ...... A bunch of rubes (nice, huh?) complaining on an Internet message board won't have any effect ESPECIALLY since they are in the minority even on here.

Guest rueben_horowitz

Not just any old alumni but the $$$ alumni ...... A bunch of rubes (nice, huh?) complaining on an Internet message board won't have any effect ESPECIALLY since they are in the minority even on here.

I disagree. I think important people read this board, and I am willing to bet they laugh their a$$es off at all you forever optimists. They are looking for honest opinions; they're not looking for Triple_B to blow sunshine up their a$$.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

1.  Important people DO read this board.

2.  They are probably unconcerned with our opinions, but they do read them.

3.  Whether or not Rod Smith is on the football team staff at the beginning of the 2006 season will be your barometer on whether or not the Athletic Department cares about your opinions.  

The FireRodSmith.com website was mentioned on local newscasts in the wake of UConnGate, so the message got out there in spades.  The reality is, they don't care and they'll make their own decisions, so all our bellyaching about Rod Smith and Coach Mac is worthless.

Guest rueben_horowitz
1.  Important people DO read this board.

2.  They are probably unconcerned with our opinions, but they do read them.

3.  Whether or not Rod Smith is on the football team staff at the beginning of the 2006 season will be your barometer on whether or not the Athletic Department cares about your opinions.  

The FireRodSmith.com website was mentioned on local newscasts in the wake of UConnGate, so the message got out there in spades.  The reality is, they don't care and they'll make their own decisions, so all our bellyaching about Rod Smith and Coach Mac is worthless.

I agree with Eats It (Wow!).  

Your absolutely right that no one makes a decision based on Thebullspen.com, but I think they value our input more than most of you think.

It's easy access to a group of alumni/current students that have a passion for USF athletics (and let's face it, there's not an overabundance of us at the moment).

Most of us aren't $1mm/yr donors, but that doesn't mean we won't be some day...It pays to listen to the future fat cat donors.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I disagree. I think important people read this board, and I am willing to bet they laugh their a$$es off at all you forever optimists. They are looking for honest opinions; they're not looking for Triple_B to blow sunshine up their a$$.

I'm thinking the laughing is done at you ***** and moaners that think we can get Huggins in here. Again, look around, you guys are in the minority and it's got nothing to do with blowing sunshine anywhere or being a "forever optimist" (except velcro maybe). Reality is we have been more competitive in the BE than most imagined. The supposed "forever optimist" that I am was looking at double digit losses every game. Mac has earned next year with a deeper bench to see what he can do with it. Woolard is smart enough to see that ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

lmao.gif

UConnGate??

I feel uncomfortable laughing at the name of that debacle...but oh well.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm thinking the laughing is done at you ***** and moaners that think we can get Huggins in here. Again, look around, you guys are in the minority and it's got nothing to do with blowing sunshine anywhere or being a "forever optimist" (except velcro maybe). Reality is we have been more competitive in the BE than most imagined. The supposed "forever optimist" that I am was looking at double digit losses every game. Mac has earned next year with a deeper bench to see what he can do with it. Woolard is smart enough to see that ....

I think some of the moaners (Hawaii Bull, Rocky top, beastie) have seen very few games this year(live or on TV). I doubt Woolard is too concerned with their evaluation of the job our coach is doing when they haven't seen most of them.

It's obvious they haven't seen how competitive RMC has these guys playing in the best conference of all time. 9 teams will probably make the tourney this year.He's actually doing an amazing job getting these kids to play well above their potential. I'm surprised with the talent we have that we aren't blown out every night. They haven't quit on him either.

It takes time to build recruiting momentum especially at a school with no basketball history in the toughest conference in the history of college basketball. He's definitely a great motivator and good x's and o's guy.

Hilarious. I'm sure Woolard wants to do everything he can to please these future $1mm/year donors!!

No offense to Rocky Top but I bet if he ever becomes a big time donor to a program it will be to UT. He's on a USF website, claims to be a fan, and has UT sigs everywhere.

Maybe Woolard can walk into a bank and ask them to loan him the money to buyout CRM and hire huggins based on Rube's $1mm/year future donations?

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

lmao.gif

UConnGate??

I feel uncomfortable laughing at the name of that debacle...but oh well.

I should trademark that term before someone else does.

Guest rueben_horowitz

Hilarious. I'm sure Woolard wants to do everything he can to please these future $1mm/year donors!!

Maybe Woolard can walk into a bank and ask them to loan him the money to buyout CRM and hire huggins based on Rube's $1mm/year future donations?

No one said Woolard is reading this; but if you think he is the only important person in the decision making process, or that he makes decisions in a vacuum; you have little understanding of how things get done in this world.

And if you think Woolard doesn't care about future donors, you're mistaken.

So you can sit around and hope CRM turns things around; but as us traders say - Hope is a very bad risk manager.

You see things and you say "Why?"; but I dream things that never were and I say "Why not?".

Rueben ~ Future big wig donor.