• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here is more to that crazy rumor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Wow...UAB...

You coulda picked several successful schools.

Texas, Ohio State, and Florida the three top Athletic Departments in terms of winning according to SI, yet you chose UAB...a team in an easier conference and who has never won a bowl game...

smart.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

A team that has made the tourny 3 of the last 4 years -- a team that beat USF by almost 20 points this year.  

A team that finished ahead of USF in Con USA just about every year.  A team that has a very similar geographical makeup urban city and is the 3rd leg of the state university systems. (ie. Auburn, bama -- USF, FLorida and Florida State)  

And a team that has one of the BEST unkonwn coaches in the country.

Read up my friend

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You said UAB Athletics v. USF athletics..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Huh??

You said LDD's trying to make friends .......... We can be bought.......... I'm tired of having to explain things to you.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

I am a jew.  Part of the choosen few.  You should byy my divineness.

Shalom

Guest rueben_horowitz

You said LDD's trying to make friends .......... We can be bought.......... I'm tired of having to explain things to you.

I thought it was in reference to my large donation to this site....Quit trying to be Smazz with your two word posts, it makes no sense when you do it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Even with all of Huggins' shortcomings, i.e. his criminal record, the criminal records of his recruits, his non-emphasis on academics, etc., you can't deny that a hire of his caliber would put USF on the college basketball map.

Although I like what Coach Mac brings to the table, the more I think about Huggins to USF, the more I'm starting to like it. USF really needs to make any statement at this point, besides just being the team that plays hard against the Big East. Bringing Huggs in would give us some credibility in the conference and would aid us in recruiting some top notch talent, which happens to be a little questionable on the character side of things. I'd be willing to take a gamble on Huggs.  

What do we have to lose? We have a vested interest in USF, so we'll care more about graduation rates than anyone. But in all honesty, the average sport's fan doesn't care about a school's graduation rate or the character of the recruits coming in. The only thing that matters to Joe Schmo sports fan is whether a team is winning or losing. We need to inject USF with something new, and I think a Huggins hire may do the trick. IF he can turn things around, it would do wonders to get the average sports fan to support our school.

Just my opinion, which is based on pure conjecture and not fact. So I'm not trying to start any debates.

I thought it was in reference to my large donation to this site....Quit trying to be Smazz with your two word posts, it makes no sense when you do it.

Does too ...

Huh?

What are you talking about?

Good one ...