• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here is more to that crazy rumor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I personally dont see this happening after this season. Robert McCullum is coaching well, so I see him as the coach next season because he will have more to work with. Anyway, check out the link.

http://mb37.scout.com/flouisvillefrm2.showMessage?topicID=43379.topic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think USF is probably Huggins' dream job right now, as it gets him back into the BE from a warm weather locale.  However, we do not have a coaching vacancy or the funding to pay him.  Furthermore, I don't believe our athletic leadership would tolerate Huggy's penchant for thugs.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think the money isn't there at this point. I think Huggins goes to WVU (his alma mater) after Beilein possibily takes the job at IU or UK.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

All you guys should seriously read all of those comments and realize how lucky we would be to get Huggins and OJ Mayo package.  If you dont like Huggins read about Mayo.  Kid is ridiculous, heard about him from AAU and High school hoops websites for a few years now.  All of these people are not from usf and are completely unbiased.  

Huggins in sunny south florida!!! Oh boy watch out Uconn and Nova, USF is coming.

Let me get a Bulls hit!!

herm -  ;D (pumped up to fathom that this is even a possibility for us)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I really dont see Huggins coaching at any BIG EAST school in the near future. There was a reason why he was basically forced out at UC. The BIG EAST presidents were concerned about UC's program before they were invited to the BIG EAST. I did some research and read earlier articles that basically showed concerned from some of the Catholic schools about Bobby Huggin's program being allowed to join the BIG EAST. I really dont think USF wants to piss off any of the BIG EAST members by inviting Huggins into the BIG EAST. That is my take on things. Besides, I really believe that McCullum will get us going next season. He has show what he can do, all we need is more players and talent to get where we need to be.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

notice a lack of interest in this article from the mccullum peanut gallery.  pretty funny.

I guess all that stuff i posted yesterday that was erased.  yeah -- i made it up.  Same thing the guy from the program was telling me.

lots of whispers about Huggins and genshaft and woolard reluctant but feeling the heat from the donors.

haha

its good to be right

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

This is TOTALLY unfounded.  You guys act like huggins was running some prison shop.  He had some bad guys no doubt... but the program was not that thuggish.  They had some of the best players in the country.  Kenyon Martin, Steve Logan, Nick Van Exel.... i mean give me a break.

Who have we sent to the league ....Chuckie Atkins.?  I think it says a ton about our school that huggins is even a possibility.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Huggins didn't coach Van Exel...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

notice a lack of interest in this article from the mccullum peanut gallery.

Genius...it was a message board post, you know that, right?  And much like the article from the Cincy Post, it's coming from Huggy's supporters trying to stir up interest in the beleaguered coach as we approach hiring season next month.

lots of whispers about Huggins and genshaft and woolard reluctant but feeling the heat from the donors.

haha

its good to be right

It's good to be obvious...I am sure there are a lot of donors whispering about Huggins (you do donate, don;t you?)...that, an RMC buyout, a million bucks, a donation to the local MADD office and a good fingerprinting system will get you Huggins, et al...

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

cincy also had the worst academic records in d-1 while huggins was there.