• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville = rivalry in the making

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

In football, I think UL and USF has a mini rivalry going on. As a USF fan, I really dont have that much hate for UL football because USF is now 2-1 against them. I honestly can say that I hate Pitt more because they are 2-1 against USF. Also, Pitt fans never gave respect to USF after we beat them the first time we played. UL fans really did give us congrats and showed more respect after we beat them both times. I have to say that Pitt is more hated by me that UL football. Also, both UL and USF were ex C-USA allies, so I have to pull for UL when they are not playing USF.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

haha...give it up guys.  louisville will not be our rival.  they already have one in Kentucky and also Cincy.

as much as you guys try to fight off the UCF fans from saying that they are rivals its even worse what you are saying about louisville.  their fans have no interest in becoming our rivals.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

There's no such thing as a "mini rivalry".  The schools are rivals or they are not.  Because 10% of a school's fans get worked up about another school does not make it a rivalry.

Guest rueben_horowitz
that's the point girl, they will HATE us.... a rivalry is borderline hatred towards a different team!

Did you read what you wrote?? That describes exactly what most USF/UCF fans have for eachother...HATE.

Don't know what planet you are living on, but Louisville could care less about a so called 'rivalry' with USF. They don't hate USF b/c we beat them once in football. They hate Kentucky for being in the same state; and they hate Cincy b/c Cincy ****s in the water that they drink...And one thing they all three have in common --- About an 1.5 hour drive from eachother. (Wow, just like Tampa and Orlando).

Laughable,

Rueben

Reuben, you need to wake up and get your facts straight. USF beat UL two times out of the three times that we have played. Hell, UL pretty much ran the score up against USF the second time we played because UL's coach didnt like USF. UL's coach was quoted as saying that the USF coaching staff taught USF players to hit late and play dirty. Why dont you just google that search up, and then tell me that UL does not hate USF. USF players jumped on UL's logo at the begging of the game, which really pissed UL off. I guess you wont call that a rivalry. The point is that USF and UL are in the same conference and they are gunning for the top spot in football. IF that does not have rivalry all over it then I dont know what does. Just because the fans dont recognize the rivarly does not mean it doesnt exist between the two programs. As long as UL has Petrino as the head coach, you can bet that each team will try to run up the score like USF tried to do last year. Man, some of you really dont know a rivalry when you see one. To even suggest that USF has a good fan base is way off base, so seeing well attended games against UCF or FAMU does not qualify for a rivalry. For the record, I dare one of USF fans to go post on the UL board and tell them that they wont beat USF next season. Then you will see the UL fans jump on your post because they are still pissed off about that loss last season.

Guest rueben_horowitz
Reuben, you need to wake up and get your facts straight. USF beat UL two times out of the three times that we have played. Hell, UL pretty much ran the score up against USF the second time we played because UL's coach didnt like USF. UL's coach was quoted as saying that the USF coaching staff taught USF players to hit late and play dirty. Why dont you just google that search up, and then tell me that UL does not hate USF. USF players jumped on UL's logo at the begging of the game, which really pissed UL off. I guess you wont call that a rivalry. The point is that USF and UL are in the same conference and they are gunning for the top spot in football. IF that does not have rivalry all over it then I dont know what does. Just because the fans dont recognize the rivarly does not mean it doesnt exist between the two programs. As long as UL has Petrino as the head coach, you can bet that each team will try to run up the score like USF tried to do last year. Man, some of you really dont know a rivalry when you see one. To even suggest that USF has a good fan base is way off base, so seeing well attended games against UCF or FAMU does not qualify for a rivalry. For the record, I dare one of USF fans to go post on the UL board and tell them that they wont beat USF next season. Then you will see the UL fans jump on your post because they are still pissed off about that loss last season.

LOL, okay, so you're telling me that fans don't decide what a rivalry is?? Hilarious.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

i agree, these 2 schools will hate each other

WILL............ I would venture to say we already hate each other

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

As time goes on every team in the Big East that has a shot as BE champs will be rivals, they play each other every year. Rueb, look at Miami- Va Tech they are so close in distance not, they hate each other, I have been to many games that they played it is a rivalry, it began when Va Tech could beat Miami and take away old BE championship. They had CFB before you started watching 5 years ago.

My point is that right now UL is more of a rival in football then UCF. Who cares if there were more fans at the USFvsUCF game. There were plenty of fans for the UL game when we first played against them like 37K to be exact. That game to this day was one of the most exciting victories for USF as we won in triple OT. The students went crazy both times when we beat UL. Students were yelling pussyville after we blew them out last season. Dont tell me that there is no rivalry against UL, and at the same time tell me that USF has a rivalry against UCF. When and if UCF ever beats us in football or basketball then I would start to consider then a rival. Right now they are nothing more than an FAU or FIU to us in both basketball and football.