• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After 5-6 yrs, I'm really tired of...

Guest Sprtsfn627

Refs were horrible this game.  That was easily the worst game of officiating I have seem in a long time.  Student section cheered the guy who got kicked out, I have no idea what he said to piss the ref off.

That said, not sure it would have changed the outcome.  A lot of our guys were just not up for this game  >:(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

This is the case with the official.....

1. The official has been on USF's a$$ for weeks.  In prior games he's complained about the cheerleaders and Sundolls being too close to the floor as well as the seats being too close.

2. He started the evening off by measuring the distance between the chairs and floor and complaining again.

3. Going in to half I gave one of his official buddies some words about the poor no-call that should've been a charge.  Capko made a great play.  Burr pointed in my face from 5 feet away and I told him then, "No need to point at me for your partner's inadequacies.  He's the one who made a horrible call."  He continued to point at me as he left the court.

4. Burr was on the other side of the court near the scorer’s table when he elected to toss me.  Burr had just made a horrible call on a blocked shot and I, while sitting in my seat, said to his partner who was on the sideline near us, "That was a horrible call.  Absolutely horrible.  I cannot believe he called that."  Burr turned around from the scorer's table, pointed at me and pointed to the door.  I shook my head no and again, while seated, said, "That was a horrible call."  This happened two more times until he finally blew the whistle and walked across the court.  At that time I said, "No worries Porky Pig, it was a horrible call and I'm leaving."

Now, I'll be the first to admit there have been numerous times that I've said something during a game (when my son wasn't present) that could border on me being wrong and probably a few times that if I had been ejected I would've agreed.  However, last night was not justified.

With that said, I stand in great company.  Burr threw Dean Smith out of a final four.  I guess if you are going to get tossed it might as well be by the a$$hole who also tossed a coaching legend.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

I don't know what was said... must have really pissed off the ref with the bald spot.

Not going to say who the member was.  He'll make himself known if he wants.

I was there and can verify the coments were neither out of line or profane.  To paraphrase, USF had been the victim of yet another one sided, non call and the alum told the ref his officiating was horrible. Plain and simple, nothing more to the story.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

its amazing that a fan can get the boot for saying "what a horrible call".  That is piss poor officiating.

Basically threw out Omni, and threw out his kid...  how lame can that be.  

But that was a symbol of who the night went...

there was an absolute lid on the bucket on our end, wide open shots weren't going down.

The refs just absolutely blew, worst than I have ever scene, and Depaul couldn't miss.

We don't go without blame... that was the worst defense i've seen out of our team in a long time.  Depaul played very disciplined on offense... even when we played good defense, they didn't rush anything, took the extra 5 or 10 seconds to find the open man when we collapsed.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Although I didn't watch the game the parts I listened to the officating was commented on. Regardless, not a very well played game...

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Whoa smazz, that's a bit too extreme there huh?  Well then again, you can be the lawyer of the person that takes your advise.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The State of California v. Smazza

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Now, I'll be the first to admit there have been numerous times that I've said something during a game (when my son wasn't present) that could border on me being wrong and probably a few times that if I had been ejected I would've agreed.  However, last night was not justified.

Those are the instances I placed with the face last night but they were a while ago. Good to see you taking your son into consideration when he's there ............... and it's never to young to each them that some refs suck.

Was Burr the guy ******** about the cheerleaders' megaphones also?