• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After 5-6 yrs, I'm really tired of...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

bad offensive basketball and poor officiating going against USF in the Sun Dome.  Somebody explain to me the final play of the first half.  Why no foul...either way?!  That ref was an ass to with his count it jesture.  Must be a freakin' Chicago native.  I do think it raddled our kids but didn't really matter.  I had a feeling they might play the way they did tonite.  Fuk, where was the defense.  The uncontested threes, easy lay-ups in the lane and alley oops...sigh...the program just hit bottom.  First 10 game losing streak in 26 yrs  :( :( :(.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

CRM mentioned the same thing on the non call.

The biggest difference between tonight and the recent past? Collin Dennis didn't play the second half. At this point he's the single most important player on this team.

Also, i know you all seem to adore him, but McHugh Mattis has no place as a starter in this league. His only shot is a two handed dunk, and when you have a goliath under the net like DePaul's #4, that nonsense isnt going to work.

Someone should also clue Chris Capko in...he has no place in the paint...esp considering once he gets there he's afraid to shoot. Chris, I dont know if you realize this, but other teams have tape of your games...they know this is what you do just like everyone else. This makes it real easy to quadruple team you and make you turn the ball over, since no one has to defend the shot. Please, if you're going to shoot, then shoot. But for the love of god, stop trying to fool people into thinking you can hit a layup over 3 people who tower over you.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

Lets all meet for a beer and just get it all out.  You guys will feel better.  You know in your heart of hearts our school is better then this guy.

Admitting their is a problem is always the first step

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

One alum got the boot from one of the refs... way to give the ref a piece of your mind.  I'll let that member say who he is, if he wants to be known.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

bad offensive basketball and poor officiating going against USF in the Sun Dome.  Somebody explain to me the final play of the first half.  Why no foul...either way?!  That ref was an ass to with his count it jesture.  Must be a freakin' Chicago native.  I do think it raddled our kids but didn't really matter.  I had a feeling they might play the way they did tonite.  Fuk, where was the defense.  The uncontested threes, easy lay-ups in the lane and alley oops...sigh...the program just hit bottom.  First 10 game losing streak in 26 yrs  :( :( :(.

The officiating was bad both ways but that play at the end of the half was freaking ridiculous. How can that not be a foul on SOMEBODY?? They were not at all consistent .......and can someone explain why Holmes wasn't called for a travel when he slipped like he did in the 2nd half?

This game is how I thought ALL the BE games would look this year ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

One alum got the boot from one of the refs... way to give the ref a piece of your mind.  I'll let that member say who he is, if he wants to be known.

I'm glad you said that was a member here .... I was going to say something I may have regretted.   ;)

Holmes falling to the ground wasn't travelling... he retained his dribble during the fall.   He then picked up his dribble and passed the ball off after he was down.  Perfectly legal.

Most of the time, we complain about refs, but they usually aren't too bad.  I was scratching my head most of the game wondering how much contact it would take to get a foul.  It seemed after the first few minutes of the game that they were going to call fouls when they were there... then they just swallowed the whistle for a long period of the game.  By a few minutes into the 2nd half... USF had 7 fouls and Depaul had 4... total, for the entire game.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

who was the member, and what was said?

I don't know what was said... must have really pissed off the ref with the bald spot.

Not going to say who the member was.  He'll make himself known if he wants.