• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOOTBALL ATTENDANCE !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Note: miami was willing to play the road game because they will make more comming to our house than one home game. They are going to UCF. Have gone to La Tech, Louisville, and ECU in the past for the same reasons.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needed to get kids interested 8-9 years ago

they should put all games on tv to spike interest

i hope we dont go the way of ftu/ou/oc(25 years of mediocrity)

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Sadly, only a handful of students care about our teams.  I like the suggestion of playing more regional and Florida teams and national teams, those are the only games I get excited for.

UM, UCF and FAMU are both "regional, florida" teams. How much more "national" can you get than playing Penn State?

For those of you scoring at home, that was our out of conference schedule, which is the only one that USF can control.

In other words, what more do you WANT?!

The Big East football teams don't excite me or the general student and I doubt it ever will because we lack rivals

Louisville SHOULD excite you. If Louisville doesnt, that's YOUR bad.

OT thriller in Tampa, followed by Louisville whipping our ass, followed by us whipping their ass for our 1st win vs a ranked (#11 in the country) opponent. That's 3 consecutive years. 3 games that would make you hate Louisville.

West Virginia, the team that doesnt excite you, finished ranked #5 in the country AND whipped the SEC CHAMP in the Sugar Bowl.

If you ARENT excited to play UCONN this year, at home, then you should stay home. The loss @ UCONN this year was the most demoralizing loss in a LONG time.......revenge is sweet.

How can you not hate Pitt?! They were our 1st "big" win in the programs history. Then they came to tampa and whipped us up and down the field. Then we went to their house last year and led 14-0........before they came back to win. Um, BIGSHOOP HATES PITT.

As for the other teams, Rutgers has billboards in YOUR hometown. EFF THEM! If you watched the game this year, it was exciting and high scoring. Syracuse and Cincy suck and theres nothing wrong with wathcing your team blow somebody out, is there?

we are far away from the other schools, and BE football is seen as on par with the last conference we were in accept we now can go to a BCS bowl.

Louisville, West Virginia, Pitt, UConn

vs

TCU, Southern Miss, Memphis, UAB

I'm sorry, I dont understand how you can even THINK about that statement before actually taking the time to TYPE it....

We need to go to the  ACC or SEC, period.  Until then, student support for our sports programs will be weak.

Ah...here's where I get pissed off.

NO, the problem is YOU need to forget about FSU, UF, and UM.

Before FSU got good, what was the national perception of the ACC? Same with Miami and the Big East?

The SEC was average this year. In fact........the highest ranking team in the Big East, ACC, and SEC combined was who?

West Virginia - 5

LSU - 6

VT - 7

There was a big difference between the Central game and the UofL and WVU games

Ah yes, the powerhouse that is Central College.... ::)

students cared about the Central game, at first the UofL game was one of those typical to be seen and then we started to blow them out so some started to care

Central College is our rival, correct? I'm pretty sure that FSU fans care more about the Gator game than the Duke game....

Louisville is a different story. That was probably a top 5 sporting event for me, personally. Do you REALIZE how much that game meant for this program?!

Also, most people arent gonna be hanging on every play of a 30 point victory....

but the WVU game, it was like no one cared and you are just there to be seen and to chill with friends.  

Well, yeah. Cause of the weekend before. And that weekend before SHOULD make you even MORE excited about the UCONN game.....and the return trip to West Virginia.

Rivalries will form. Hell, they already are. Rivalries should also pour over into the other sports. I hate Louisville basketball. Why? Cause I hate Louisville, thanks to football. Same thing goes for Cincy football. I hate them because the Cincy basketball team whips us year in and year out.

Bottom line, after my rambling is this:

Quit making excuses.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

..quit making excuses...

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Fellas...the bottom line is - unless you're interested in the game, you're gonna have to bribe - and yes, that is the correct word - bribe people to come to the game.

In looking over this thread, the common student response seems to be that they want two things:

1. Something to do besides watch football...

2. Play opponents about whom they are more interested in

than their own team.

As pointed out previously...when the games become the in, hip-happenin' place to be...students will show up. Until then, the only people at the game will be folks who wanna watch football. How bizzare is that?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

i think shoop covered it all  ;D

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Ya know, it's been talked about a number of times and I don't really think there is one difinitive answer.

One thing that I would suggest in creating BULLS fans in general is for USF to have a greater presence in the Tampa Bay all together. It helps. Have the billboards have floats in the parades and be sure that Rocky is at all of the events. When kids see it, and grow up with the Green and Gold, you wont have to post anymore threads like this one.

Guest BullsFans

Fellas...the bottom line is - unless you're interested in the game, you're gonna have to bribe - and yes, that is the correct word - bribe people to come to the game.  

Many of the people who beach about students and alumni not supporting football  or basketball....don't support things like women's basketball, soccer, and  other USF events.

Why is that?  The answer is simple... they aren't interested in them....which is the very same reason the people they beach about don't attend football or basketball game.