• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MAC is doing a great job.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm pretty sure Dayton and Xavier's basketball programs do spend more than USF. Both schools have passionate fans and boosters.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

give him an extension like leavitt

When RMC takes us to the post season like CJL did, I'm sure USF will give him an extension.

Guest rueben_horowitz
I know for a fact that St John's budget is about $5 mil more than ours and they don't have a football program to fund.

I'm not on the inside to tell you where the money came from but I'm willing to bet it did divert some of the funds for the hoops program. I think everyone here realizes that we are commited to the football program first and foremost and it was the only reason we were invited to the BE.

I'm sure you're from the real world, reub and believe that money makes the world go round. if you honestly believe we can compete with less money then perhaps I can drop my donation. good reasoning.

How about you and you cohorts pull money out of your imaginary hats to help fund our bball program? why is it you expect others to do your heavy lifting? you're starting to sound like beastie.

St. Johns is in NYC and they play in MSG; I'm not going to pretend to know their exact situation but you can imagine it costs them substantially more to field a team and play; I think they're a poor comparison.

I agree that football is the focus here, and it should be to some extent; it's the best shot we have at national respect.

As for money; I'm sort of a hypocrite. I'd like to give more money to the bb program; but can't justify doing it when it could go to sick kids, cancer research etc...But, I'd be a lot more generous to the bb program if I thought it was moving in the right direction.

I live in reality, and reality is that CRM isn't going anywhere this year. I think Woolard will give him next year, and I've said it many times -- if CRM can go .500 in the BE next year (I know it's a lot to ask); sign him to a long term deal. Winning 5 or 6 BE games next year is not enough improvement to keep him around, imo.

Rueb

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

St. Johns is in NYC and they play in MSG; I'm not going to pretend to know their exact situation but you can imagine it costs them substantially more to field a team and play; I think they're a poor comparison.

I agree that football is the focus here, and it should be to some extent; it's the best shot we have at national respect.

As for money; I'm sort of a hypocrite. I'd like to give more money to the bb program; but can't justify doing it when it could go to sick kids, cancer research etc...But, I'd be a lot more generous to the bb program if I thought it was moving in the right direction.

I live in reality, and reality is that CRM isn't going anywhere this year. I think Woolard will give him next year, and I've said it many times -- if CRM can go .500 in the BE next year (I know it's a lot to ask); sign him to a long term deal. Winning 5 or 6 BE games next year is not enough improvement to keep him around, imo.

Rueb

all deserving charitable causes but if alumni don't donate and buy tickets then our programs will never be able to compete at this level.

Unfortunately,It sounds like,from another thread, LDD doesn't contribute anything to the Bulls Club. He seems very passionate about the state of our hoops program.  I just wish more alumns would realize how far $20 a month could go in building our athletics programs. numbers add up. I don't think it's too much to ask if they expect a winner.

I think if he gets 5-6 wins you give him one more year. If he wins 8 then an extension. we play in a tough conference. if he can't win 5-6 then he is gone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

my threads ALWAYS get at least 30 response.

Not that hard for one to accomplish when over half the responses are by ................. oh, never mind.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

64 responses and 50 or so werent from me.  Envy, Jealousy,  aren't they some the seven deadly sins?

Triple B only dreams of rousing up the faithful like the one and only LongDonDong.

And the A-10 was **** good over the last 3 or so years.

St. Joes was a number one seed a few years back.

Temple is always strong.

Dayton and Xavier both have wins of Cinci

St. Bonie made the tourny a few years back

GW is always good.

Facts are stubborn things.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Hey LongDong it is your more intelligent other personality Reuben, I mean Herman.

A 10 is garbage, always been garbage.  St. Joes was #1 A  few years ago because they were undefeated until the end of the season.  When they went into conference play I thought there was no way they can lose a game, they did and lost their #1 status.  Still got a #1 in the tourney didnt do bad but lost eventually.  They would have never been #1 in the BE because they would have lost a few games.  

Temple is always strong? Since when? Chaney look slike he should be sleeping on newspaper, I hink he is older than dirt.  They stink

Dayton and Xavier, they are OK but Xavier lost Thad Matta and Dayton would be just like USF in the big east.

St. Bonnie hold on. HAHAHAHHAH Garbage.

George Washington is falling into the same luck St. Joeshad a few years ago.  Great record in a bad conference.  When they get to the big dance they always fall off quick.  

Facts are real stubborn things.

Herm - Hey is Lamar Odom still on Rhode Island

And when was the last time CON USA sent a team past the second round?

It was Con USA v. A-10.

We werent talking big east here.

oh - i forgot you got 420 on your SAT reading comp

Temple SMOKED maryland this year.

can't argue with ignorance though