• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MAC is doing a great job.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Let's fire Mac & hire another coach from a weak ass conference with no connections to take over and start another 3-4 yr rebuilding process.  (No USF cannot afford $1MM per for Huggins.)  Firing MAC makes all the sense in the world since the current rebuilder is only half way through his process and has been dealing with injuries since day one as in Marlon Bryan in '03, B-MO in '04, & Howard in '05.  The corner will be turned soon enuff and USF will rise to be competitive.  We are bound to get a blue chipper from the Bay Area that wants Mom & Dad at every game soon enuff.

I am willing to say, if the "W" don't drop Friday or sometime this season then maybe it is time to pull the plug and if there are no uncontrolable circumstances.  Holmes and Jones better not get in foul trouble.  BTW why the heck is that game at 6pm tomorrow.

He's only halfway thru after 3 years!  Tdude hasn't won a CONFERENCE game this year .

Tell me one coach who gets SIX years to rebuild.  Maybe that's part of the problem.  The Mac-ites wanna give him 6 friggin years to get a conference win.  Give me a break.  

BTW I posted as Mr. Perspect from home,  meant to say Big 12 not Big 10.  I was so embarrassed when I heard ESPN commentators say that about this program.  People are laughing at us.   :'(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Alright, you convinced me! Screw it. Lets keep Mac.  But he better bring in a top recruit like he did with Chris Kaman at CMU.  Chris Kaman put coach Mac on the map.  He recruited the guy, he panned out to be a lot better than he should, made it pretty far in the tourney and now is in the NBA.  One single guy stands for a lot of Macs success.  I just hope he can hit the jackpot again. We need a stud!  I believe the stud should be the coach and then other studs (players) will want to surround him.  But if Mac can get a star, screw it give him  a chance.   Just hope we arent all wasting out time.  

Herm - Lemme get a Bulls hit!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

WMU, CMU... same difference ::)

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

What's the real difference between a 0 win season and 2-3 win season this year in regards to "pulling the plug"?

A win would be nice for Jones and Holmes but other than that ................

First thing, I don't expect USF to break .500 (9 wins or >) in the BE but once or twice at decade.  I believe having 7-8 wins annually in the BE regular season would be outstanding for USF for the next 12-15 yrs.  It would guarantee the NIT and a Dance trip once or twice a decade.  Winning 4 this season is still w/i reach and is a reasonable goal.  Win 5 and MSG might happen with a little luck.  Not winning any would be a disgrace.  Kinda like the difference in losing a football game 0-28 or 3-28.  Both suck but the sting isn't as deep when you don't get shutout.

Guest rueben_horowitz

I believe Memphis' coach is paid close to $1.5 million dollars a year.

If YOU come up with the $1.2 million difference then I say can Mac and bring in Caliparri. I'm not sure how much a retired proffesor donates to the program but I assume it's something less than $1.2 mil.

I'm not making excuses. I'm taking responsibility as all donors and alumni should do. This is our program and it stinks because it is underfunded. It is underfunded because of us.

It has everyhting to do with us Herman. I thought you would understand that and not try and project blame elsewhere.

It's not as if Mac walked into a top 25 program that goes to the tourney every year. We were mediocre at best in the CUSA and now you want us to be top notch in what could be the best basketball conference of all time in our first year? laughable.

Maybe if the donors and alumni stepped up and funded this program we could be competitive. Until then we should expect to get what we pay for.

So where did we get the money to fund our start-up football program??  

Was it all from donors?

He's only halfway thru after 3 years!  Tdude hasn't won a CONFERENCE game this year .

Tell me one coach who gets SIX years to rebuild.  Maybe that's part of the problem.  The Mac-ites wanna give him 6 friggin years to get a conference win.  Give me a break.  

BTW I posted as Mr. Perspect from home,  meant to say Big 12 not Big 10.  I was so embarrassed when I heard ESPN commentators say that about this program.  People are laughing at us.   :'(

Considering every moment of his 2 1/2 years has been injury plagued... that is why he gets more time...

he hasn't had a healthy roster yet.  If that continues much longer, change....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So where did we get the money to fund our start-up football program??  

Was it all from donors?

I don't know. probably.

You don't think the Athletic Administration may have neglected basketball in order to get football started though, huh?

AA has made a greater commitment to football. Our football coach now gets paid 4-5 times what our hoops coach gets paid. look at most successful basketball programs and I bet that's not the case.

i.e. Duke, Kentucky, Memephis, Cincy (with Thuggins), etc.

we are a football school in one of the greatest basketball conferences of all time.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

WMU, CMU its all the same.  

I bet the won some conference games this year  ;D

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

You don't need to shell out big time money to get a respectable high quality coach.  I think CJL proves that point time in and out.

There are a ton of young guys out there that would die for a chance to coach against the legends in the big east, and would bring instant credibility to our program if they were given a chance.

I just don't buy this "we can't find a good caoch."  "We can't afford a decent coach."  "This isn't that bad."  "We had some bad things happen to us."  

It just doesn't add up.

I will give mac points on his team looking more like a "team" then what Greenberg put on the floor.

My problem is that credibility with recruits and fans is almost gone with respect to our program.  I don't think we have really had a respected coach EVER.

I don't think anyone wanted to play for Greenberg.  I think people are very suspicous of MAC.  And they know that USF has done one thing consitently for the last 15 years  --- and that is lose.

If I am good basektball player coming out of college, one of the top criteria for picking a school would be my chance of playing in the NCAA tourny.   And it just doesn't even exist at USF.  I mean you gotta a better chance of playing in March at UCF and FAU then at USF.  At least there you can win the con title and get an automatic bid.

The bottom line is that USF needs credibility and a committment to winning.  Greenberg left because he didn't think there was a committment to winning on the adminstrative side.  I actually agreed.  I think that has been settled with Woolards arrival.  Now there just doesn't seem to be a committment to winning on the fan and alumni side.  It's apathy in my eyes.  No school in their right mind would sit on a coach that hasn't had a winning record since his arrival 3 years ago and say "one more year."  It is totally nuts that type of attitude exists.  I mean at Nebraska they fired Frank Solich because he went 7-4.  At USF you can go 6-24 in basketball and people cut you a break.

Bro, we aren't even close.  And the reason this post keeps poping up is because there are few of us like HawiiBull, Herman, Rueben, JewBull, LongDong and a few other not listed that cannot figure out why you guys have so much support for a guy that has done so little.  I don't care if the whole team is injured, USF should not be losing to Boofooon Cookman -- FAU -- Texas AM Corpus Cristi.   It shouldn't be happening.  This whole "South Florida is the only team in the country that is in a major conference that doesn't have a conference win, is just one more example how bad a change needs to be made."

I guess part of me is crazy, because in my heart of hearts I feel like if I keep bringing it up, I can get these guys to see the light.  I am wrong though.

I do know one thing.  The people in the athletic department read this message board.  And even if it just one opinion,  at least the  higher ups are hearing it.

The higher ups are hearing it, and they do see the light... just not the same light you wish they saw.