• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MAC is doing a great job.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He's only halfway thru after 3 years!  Tdude hasn't won a CONFERENCE game this year .

Tell me one coach who gets SIX years to rebuild.  Maybe that's part of the problem.  The Mac-ites wanna give him 6 friggin years to get a conference win.  Give me a break.  

BTW I posted as Mr. Perspect from home,  meant to say Big 12 not Big 10.  I was so embarrassed when I heard ESPN commentators say that about this program.  People are laughing at us.   :'(

what a shocker, it was beastie posting an anti-Mac thread. By the way it's the big 10 who has a higher RPI. you had it right the first time. the big 12 sucks.

not that we couldn't tell it was you with your lack of facts concerning cincy again.

get that donation check in the mail beastie. we're going to need it in order to buy out Mac and hire that top notch coach you want.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think you would be kept around at UF if you had the exact same circumstances and the exact same record.

Foley would can your ass half way through the season.

Do you think Leonard Hamilton at FSU could go 6-23?

He is trying his ass off to keep his tenure going and they are like 12-7.

Its apathy and a lack of committment to what is most important in athletics.  WINNING.!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Everyone is dissapointed with how this season has gone and the way we are being looked at on the national scene at this point in time, but if you search within yourself, what more (or less) did you expect?

We all know that we accepted the Big East bid because it was a step in the right direction for all of our athletic programs in the long run, but the reason we got the invite and the primary reason we made the move was football. If we don't have a football team we're not talking about the Big East right now.

Nobody expected us to have a chance in the BE this year basketball wise. In fact, there we many who were figuring us to gt blown out every game (avg. margin of defeat is 7.5 points, in conference games). The fact of the matter is we have a team that actually competes and leave their hearts and souls out on the floor every night.

Obviously losing is not acceptable and no one wants to accept mediocrity on a grand level, but personally I am not at all surprised, nor am I overly upset about where we are right now. I would much rather see this group of kids doing what they're doing versus watching the fundamentally unsound street ball team that continuously underachieved given the greater talent and folded up the tents in big games that we were treated to with the previous regime.

I'm not here to make excuses for Mac, or to trying to tell anyone else how they should feel about our performance this year, but every basketball discussion basically seems to boil down to 2 sides:

The people who are looking for W's and nothing else want Mac gone.

The people who are able to pull some form of bright spots from this bleak season are willing to give him at least another season.

I fall into the latter category.  

Do you think you would be kept around at UF if you had the exact same circumstances and the exact same record.

Foley would can your ass half way through the season.

Do you think Leonard Hamilton at FSU could go 6-23?

He is trying his ass off to keep his tenure going and they are like 12-7.

Its apathy and a lack of committment to what is most important in athletics.  WINNING.!

I bet our hoops budget is right there with UF !! funny stuff. Plus the fact that they play in a football conference and not the best basketball conference of all time. great comparison.

I can respect BigEastBeats point of view.  Well spoken.

Budgets, Football conferences have nothing to do with our situation. NOTHING!

Their are teams small market teams everywhere that are able to put decent teams on the floor year and year out.

But BigEastBeasts -- that was well articulated.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

We all know these kids are leaving their heart on the floor.  I feel bad for them.  It looks like they are scared out there. They have no chemistry.  The best players on our team would be role plyers on the other squads.  

Am I looking for W's? Yes

How many? More than 1

Why? To not be mentioned on national television as a joke.  

LongDong makes a great point even if we were all injured we should be beating Bethune cookman and texas corpus whoever.  So if it is not Macs fault then it is the departments fault.  Someone needs to do something.  If we keep losing and having seasons like this the idea of a 6 year rebuild will turn into a 20 year term.  

What are some ideas you guys (not on my side) have? How can we get better?

and give me an idea besides alum donating money and fans showing up tp games.  

I am all ears!

I can respect BigEastBeats point of view.  Well spoken.

Budgets, Football conferences have nothing to do with our situation. NOTHING!

Their are teams small market teams everywhere that are able to put decent teams on the floor year and year out.

But BigEastBeasts -- that was well articulated.

budgets have everything to do with how successful programs are. just ask Texas and their $80 mil budget. Think their porgrams could have the same success  on our budget? do you think coach K from Duke would come coach us for Mac's salary?

what does  the size of a market have to do with success?

I agree. good post BEB.

They think the problem is injuries.  That is the common excuse.  That if we didn't have a slate full of injuries we would have about 13 wins.  

I think MAC has mad a ton of bad moves.  First year major mistakte was letting jimmy baxter walk.  I remember that one.  What the hell was he thinking there.

Part of me wants a good basketball team more then a football team.  Going to a great basketball game is just amazing.  The vibe, the passion.... there is just something about it.

Plus I don't like how we don't have a football stadium -- but I guess that topic has been beat more then this one

St Johns

Gonzaga

Santa Clara

Utah State

Virginia Commonwealth

Detroit

Dayton

Richmond

UNC Wilmington

St. Louis

Nevada

UNC Charlotte

Georgia Southern

St. Bonnie

George Washington

St. Joes

Ohio

Temple

Providence

None of them are Big Budget Programs and ALL of them are better year in and year out then us.  It has NOTHING to do with money.  Its coaching, recruiting, commitment to winning.

I mean look at team like Richmond -- or St. Joes -- St. Bonnie - Dayton -- Gonzaga.  

Started out with NOTHING.  I mean what can you offer a kid to come to St. Bonnie.  Cold ass weather -- pale and fat white women.   and a conference that most people can't name more then 3 teams.

You just don't get it.

We all know these kids are leaving their heart on the floor.  I feel bad for them.  It looks like they are scared out there. They have no chemistry.  The best players on our team would be role plyers on the other squads.  

Am I looking for W's? Yes

How many? More than 1

Why? To not be mentioned on national television as a joke.  

LongDong makes a great point even if we were all injured we should be beating Bethune cookman and texas corpus whoever.  So if it is not Macs fault then it is the departments fault.  Someone needs to do something.  If we keep losing and having seasons like this the idea of a 6 year rebuild will turn into a 20 year term.  

What are some ideas you guys (not on my side) have? How can we get better?

and give me an idea besides alum donating money and fans showing up tp games.  

I am all ears!

you need to give Mac 1 maybe 2 more years to prove he can get this program headed in the right direction. If things fall his way (i.e. no injuries) and we can't reasonably compete  by the end of year 2 then he goes.

It takes time to establish recruiting ties and convince kids that USF is willing to make the sacrifice to build a winner. can't expect him to do it overnight.

interested to see how some of these transfers will work out. If Lute Olson liked Jesus, there has got to be something to that kid.