• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post Bull Ring Gathering: Thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

I was looking for answers not for excuses. ...do they advertise at the dome ...will they be advertising at football games?

I see they advertise on the Eagles site.

Not sure what their donor level is. But they have tix for hoops. I see them in the green and gold room every game.

Plus they have catered the green and gold room a couple of times.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

You can't donate money when you are losing money!  Their restaurant won't turn a profit for a while.  When I open my place don't expect me to donate at any level for at least a year.

I'm taking my comment back. I think that is one expense that would make sense for networking and marketing purposes.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Good dude. You made your mind up. And when you have 5 mil you can do what you want. But if I have 5 mil I would never open a USF themed bar.

Especially if its going to be knit picked by everyone who thinks the place should be an Epcot Center style place with nothing but USF stuff and only USF stuff only. USF named apps with USF themed drinks walls filled with pics of Blackwell, Hall, Ruben, and Mitchell. And filled with lavished tales of our victories over UL, Pitt, and Elon.

Get a grip. Its a start.

First, we complain about the audacity that a place such as "Gator's Dockside" opens up so near to USF. Now, we have a bar/restaurant that is obviously trying to cater to USF, and we bash it? I like the Bulls Ring, and I will continue to spend my money there. The place will only get better if we continue spending and supply it with constructive criticism.

Guest BullsFans

The Bull Ring should get a Bull like (the Chick-fil-a cow).and drop little bull turds into the crowd at BB and FB games...which can be turned for free food at the BR.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Just to throw in my 2 cents, I enjoy the Bull Ring and will continue to frequent and support it. Had a great time yesterday and enjoyed meeting a couple of board members I didn't have the pleasure of meeting in Charlotte. This was my second time there and I've enjoyed the food both times I was there, as it is above average for "bar food" and reasonably priced. The "talent" behind the bar yesterday was also very much apreciated.

We have to think that we are dealing with a place that has been open for about 2 months. I'm sure it is still in the building stages as far as getting memoribilia and such in there. I'm just grateful that someone actually took the chance and opportunity to put something out there that wants to cater to USF fans. Beef O' Bradys is a great place, but there is such a diverse group of fans there that there is no we we could call it "our" bar.

Obviously everyone is going to for their own opinions and have their reasoning for it, but I think it only fair to give this place a chance and show a bit of appreciation for what they are attempting to do, and who they are attempting to cater to, which is US. Also, we must keep in mind that it has never been self-described as a USF bar, but rather a sports bar with a USF theme. That being said, they do already have more USF memoribilia and advertisement than any other establishment I've been to in the area and from what I've heard they're working on getting more.

The only suggestion I could make if you are dissapointed with the amount of USF items there, is go and speak to the owner(s). Both times I have been there they have been right out on the floor and easily accessable to talk to. Also, if you have some USF items sitting around the house that you're not using or going to use, offer it as a donation to be used to decorate the place. If you take pics at games and have some good action shots, offer them up to be blown up and hung up around the place.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Listen Trip, arrogance has nothing to do with it, and I know that there's no such thing as a perfect sports bar or perfect anything for that matter. If you look at one of my earlier posts there are creative ways to include both the pros and USF. You can't deny the fact that within one week of opening there was a total lack of Bulls merchandise.

So they weren't/aren't completely up to snuff on Bulls' stuff, that's a reason to go off like that? YOU brought up the Gator/Seminole bars as being the PERFECT prototype for what the Ring should be but, as you admitted up there now, there is no perfect sports establishment. Double standard?

I'm starting to sympathize with the cee's and smazza's of this board. I state my opinion and then the name calling starts.

I didn't realize being called "arrogant" was name calling. I am sorry if it offended you but you did say:

If anyone wants to blast me, I'll man up and take it. I'm all ears....

If you want to have an intelligent discourse on the topic, I'm all ears.

I thought I made a couple of intelligent points but I guess the "arrogant" thing overshadowed them ...

Spare the name calling for your weekly republican club meetings....

You ever refer to me as a Republican again and I'll hunt you down ........

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

- I wish more people, including myself, had asked more questions to Coach Leavitt. Shockingly, ZERO crowd questions were about the QB situation.

Yeah, that's our fault, We didn't go. I was sick, the girls were in some meeting and Coach was probably chewing someones kneecaps off for flying a ucf flag in their yard... We shoulda went.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

Sean obviously wrote that part in himself, not CJL.  I have a football signed by CJL, and the "B" in "Go Bulls" has the loop in the middle.  Note how the "B" in "Best" doesn't?

Obviously not the same author.  

oh really?  lick my sac...

post-2-1138853521.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Sean obviously wrote that part in himself, not CJL.  I have a football signed by CJL, and the "B" in "Go Bulls" has the loop in the middle.  Note how the "B" in "Best" doesn't?

Obviously not the same author.  

oh really?  lick my sac...

post-2-1138853521.jpg

2006_0201Helmet0004.jpg

The part above CJL's autograph does appear to be with a different magic marker in the helmet only pic. The B's in "Best" and "Bulls"do appear different also but the U's in "Your" and "Bulls" seem similar ........... A real mystery.   8)

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

he's holding the helmit he just signed you **** head...