• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post Bull Ring Gathering: Thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

- Good crowd. Pretty much filled the place.

- Coach Leavitt got up on the mic and talked about each and every player, and also fielded crowd questions.

- Rod Smith and most of the assistants were in attendance, though none spoke.

- After Leavitt's on stage appearance, him and all coaches hung around for awhile, mingling...if you will.

- Wish I couldve gotten a picture, but I suck.

- Speaking of pics, my camera sucks. The only ones that came out clearly was of the sign outside.

- Saw _____ Eats It, wife and child. His kid kicks ass. He says "U-S-F! U-S-F!" and finishes off the chant with "...goooooo BUlls!"  

Now THAT'S good parenting!

- Nice to meet ya Bullsmania as well.

- I wish more people, including myself, had asked more questions to Coach Leavitt. Shockingly, ZERO crowd questions were about the QB situation. However, there were some about last year's redshirts, and the name Grothe didnt come up. The names Selvie, Plancher, and Robinson did though...

- Leavitt also put over the Bull Ring. Encouraged everyone come out and support it.

- All in all, a good time. Got me FIRED UP about football....

Anything I missed?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Did someone record the event so it may be played back say using media player

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

i agree about the lack of QB questions...i was going to ask one, and then Leavitt mentioned some redshirts and threw out the UF transfer Riley so I asked about Gilliam & Amp Hill...he said that Hill has great hands and runs great routes, needed!!!

also, it wasn't a question asked, but i do remember Leavitt listing off QB's and in order and i believe he said

"Carlton Hill (will be battling), of course then you have Pat Julmiste, you've got Matt Grothe, Grant Gregory and Severino"

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

ok, let me start the controversy now and get this thread to 13+ pages.....

THE BULL RING SUCKS

this is what happens when a guy who has no affiliation with or passion for USF opens up a "Bull oriented" restaurant in an effort to mark out to what he sees on paper as 40k+ students. Tell me why we should support a place just because it has some bulls stuff on the wall and used the word Bulls in the name?? Bucs' jerseys on the wall, a Philly Eagles street sign, and a friggin BoSox jersey???!!

I know what most of you are thinking: that it's first and foremost a business and that until we start showing up en masse he has to appeal to other crowds too. This is a bunch of bull****!!! You will not see a seminole place or a gator sports place marking out to anyone else because the owner was either A.) an alumni or B.) has been a die hard fan since they were young. To those guys, it's not about the money, that's just an added bonus. They do it because they have passion for their school. Modern day carpet bagging at it's finest. What a croc; i'm never going there again.

If anyone wants to blast me, I'll man up and take it. I'm all ears....

Bishop, I may be mistaken but I do believe one of the owners is a Bull grad.

I don't recall hearing anything about that when I read the articles a while back, and if he is, frankly, I think that makes it a whole lot worse. Can anyone confirm he was a USF grad and make me somewhat of a jackass?? I'll have a little bit of crow on that point if i'm wrong, but that will just make my point even more in regards to how pathetic that place is.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Ok let me get this straight;

NO questions about the QB situation.

NO questions on offensive play calling.

Is Leavitt screening who asks questions and attends this event like our President? ;D

Ok let me get this straight;

NO questions about the QB situation.

NO questions on offensive play calling.

Is Leavitt screening who asks questions and attends this event like our President? ;D

I think it had a lot to do with how quick he did his talk and then ended it. I think he may have gone ten minutes including the Q&A. PLus the people who dislike/disapprove of Leavitt aren't going to show up to just hear him talk.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

ok, let me start the controversy now and get this thread to 13+ pages.....

THE BULL RING SUCKS

this is what happens when a guy who has no affiliation with or passion for USF opens up a "Bull oriented" restaurant in an effort to mark out to what he sees on paper as 40k+ students. Tell me why we should support a place just because it has some bulls stuff on the wall and used the word Bulls in the name?? Bucs' jerseys on the wall, a Philly Eagles street sign, and a friggin BoSox jersey???!!

I know what most of you are thinking: that it's first and foremost a business and that until we start showing up en masse he has to appeal to other crowds too. This is a bunch of bull****!!! You will not see a seminole place or a gator sports place marking out to anyone else because the owner was either A.) an alumni or B.) has been a die hard fan since they were young. To those guys, it's not about the money, that's just an added bonus. They do it because they have passion for their school. Modern day carpet bagging at it's finest. What a croc; i'm never going there again.

If anyone wants to blast me, I'll man up and take it. I'm all ears....

you must be a fan of Gators Dockside  :D