• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post Bull Ring Gathering: Thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

I had a good time. Good to see all of the bulls fan there: Moises; Paisa, Ricky, Bullsmania, and Mike G.

If you don't like the place, don't go back. Just let me when they open anything like it in crystal river.

I want a Bulls sports bar just as much as any other Bulls fan, but I want it done right. I won't be going back there; I'm not gonna just accept it because it's the only one. It'd be like settling for the first girl that just came up to you and said she loved you even though she looks like she got slapped from here to sunday with an ugly stick.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

Sorry I never have met ya. But cool the females from the message board are representing.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I want a Bulls sports bar just as much as any other Bulls fan, but I want it done right. I won't be going back there; I'm not gonna just accept it because it's the only one. It'd be like settling for the first girl that just came up to you and said she loved you even though she looks like she got slapped from here to sunday with an ugly stick.

Good dude. You made your mind up. And when you have 5 mil you can do what you want. But if I have 5 mil I would never open a USF themed bar.

Especially if its going to be knit picked by everyone who thinks the place should be an Epcot Center style place with nothing but USF stuff and only USF stuff only. USF named apps with USF themed drinks walls filled with pics of Blackwell, Hall, Ruben, and Mitchell. And filled with lavished tales of our victories over UL, Pitt, and Elon.

Get a grip. Its a start.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

ok, let me start the controversy now and get this thread to 13+ pages.....

THE BULL RING SUCKS

this is what happens when a guy who has no affiliation with or passion for USF opens up a "Bull oriented" restaurant in an effort to mark out to what he sees on paper as 40k+ students. Tell me why we should support a place just because it has some bulls stuff on the wall and used the word Bulls in the name?? Bucs' jerseys on the wall, a Philly Eagles street sign, and a friggin BoSox jersey???!!

I know what most of you are thinking: that it's first and foremost a business and that until we start showing up en masse he has to appeal to other crowds too. This is a bunch of bull****!!! You will not see a seminole place or a gator sports place marking out to anyone else because the owner was either A.) an alumni or B.) has been a die hard fan since they were young. To those guys, it's not about the money, that's just an added bonus. They do it because they have passion for their school. Modern day carpet bagging at it's finest. What a croc; i'm never going there again.

If anyone wants to blast me, I'll man up and take it. I'm all ears....

That's a step, but what about pictures, posters, programs, old Bulls stuff, basketball stuff, and other assorted memorabilia. If I had a few million dollars to design a Bulls restaurant, I'd do my homework at least. Another thing, why wasn't that stuff up when they first opened?? I remember checking it out a week after it opened, and the Bucs jerseys were all set up in cases hanging on the wall. You mean to tell me that you couldn't track down at least one bit of Bull merchandise for every, let's say, 10 feet of wall space just so the place doesn't look naked???

There are times when the arrogance of some of our fans slays me .....

First, a restaurant that opens up and is going to cater ONLY to diehard Bulls fans is doomed from the start. We just don't have the numbers, even at that proximity to the campus........... maybe if you put it ON campus. And as far the Gator/Seminole example, I'd love to see a list of the bars that have ONLY Gator or ONLY Seminole stuff with NO promoting of pro sports, local or otherwise.

The Bull Ring guys have at least made an attempt, the first one that I know of, and they should be given time to get things right. And if they don't make it, what do you think the odds of you EVER seeing your "perfect" Bulls establishment?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

Listen Trip, arrogance has nothing to do with it, and I know that there's no such thing as a perfect sports bar or perfect anything for that matter. If you look at one of my earlier posts there are creative ways to include both the pros and USF. You can't deny the fact that within one week of opening there was a total lack of Bulls merchandise.

I'm starting to sympathize with the cee's and smazza's of this board. I state my opinion and then the name calling starts. I support USF athletics through thick and thin; I've been to numerous USF events and bleed green and gold. Yet I get called arrogant for having an opinion towards a bar that's a half-assed attempt to be the official Bulls bar? If you want to have an intelligent discourse on the topic, I'm all ears. I realize I started the topic on a heated note but that's just my way of being passionate. Spare the name calling for your weekly republican club meetings....

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

CJL took care of me today!!!

2006_0201Helmet0004.jpg

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Guys, maybe you could get a wackadoos on or off campus.  It started in the UCF Student Union and has been established at 3-4 other colleges including FAU and coming to UWF.

http://www.wackadoos.com/

The reason I think this could be good is that as much as the founder is a big UCF fan...their FAU location is very pro-FAU (though they had some dolphins/marlins stuff because there was a lack of fau memorabelia/achievements available to fill the walls).   Wackadoos was also supporting the basketball progrma financially (had banners, mascot etc) when I went to a game in Boca.

Just a thought!  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Hey hey, I was there too!!  :)  Nobody saw me??

Sorry Brit.  I knew I would forget someone's name but I didn't mean to forget the gurlybull!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

Does anyone know where to get an old school Jesse Salters USF jersey???

That would be a sweet ass addition to the BullsPen...Or to MY wall! ;)