• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jefferson football coach Simmonds to join USF

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rueben_horowitz
LongDong = Coach Rod "Reverse" Smith??

Longdong=Ari Dinkelberry

It amazes me that Ari can formulate such an incredibly absurd theory. It was completely obvious to me that the defense and our RUN GAME were the reasons we won games. Ever heard of Andre Hall Ari?

I never thought PJ was all that terrible, but I think the coaches did an excellent job of putting him in situations where he was doomed to fail.

And that Uconn call -- It was CJL's decision not to kick the field goal; and ultimately that was the decision that I believe led to the loss.

If Smith is so good, why couldn't he get A Jax the freakin ball after the Louisville game? Seems like a good OC would be able to adapt and develop plays to get playmakers the ball.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Rod Smith

Position

2001  USF  Pass Game Coordinator

2002 USF Pass Game Coordinator

2003 USF Pass Game Coordinator

2004 USF Pass Game Coordinator

He is/ was responsible  for the passing game... it  has sucked for the last few years...it's time for him to become a head coach...at some HS.

What the hell is a pass Game Coordinator is that a fancy way of saying he is the guy that calls the pass plays................. ::)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

Its Lay off the stupid pills huh?

You could give PJ and Denson Mike Holmgren for all I care.  He sucks.  He is awful.  

Its like asking a driver to turn a great lap in a ****** car, with awful tires.  Yeah, maybe another driver could turn a better lap, but the lap will still suck.

Smith is not the problem.  The problem is the QB.  You can not coach touch.  You can only coach up so much inability.

Its like you guys sit around on this board and pity PJ.  The guy is the worst QB i have ever seen.  I remember countless games where he went 8 or 10 for 23 with 3 ints and no TDs.

A OC is totally hamstrung if he has a QB who cannot complete 12 passes a game.  In fact if PJ could just not throw interceptions we would have been way better off.

How do you keep defenses honest when you can't throw the ball.  We have a reciever that is freak 6-6 and he still overthrows him.  Our offense sucked before smith came.  It would suck after smith was gone if Denson or PJ is the QB.

You act like this is just something new.  Our offense has sucked for the last 3 years.  All becuase our QB play is pitiful.

GIve me a break.  Coach up talent. Under your theory we could put you guys in there and the coach should be able to make you good.  Its you who is on the stupid pills.

PJ wasn't even a passer in high school.  Do you think there was a reason for that?  Because he sucked at passing the ball.  He ran a wing-t offense in high school.  Wake up.

Why don't you have the same standards for that bum MAC who has totally destroyed our average basketball program.

Our football team reminds me of the ole bucs with trent dilfer.  So all Tony Dungy was a terrible coach huh?  It wasn't dilfer....it was dungy's inability to "coach um up."

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read or heard.

Amazing that once we dumped dungy -- worked our way through sean king -- the offense got a little better.  

I guess dungy can't coach up dilfer -- or maybe nobody could coach up dilfer -- he sucked in cleveland this year as well.

PJ is the problem.  And the bigger problem is that the guy behind PJ is worse (denson).

Our only option is to run the option -- which is crazy with the WR core we have.

Smith is doing a fine job

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I believe it was our coaches who recruited PJ to play the position. They are the ones ultimately responsible for how our offense performs.

You can't put this on a 20 year old. Coaches need to take responsibility for the ineffectiveness of our offense and QB play.

PJ has been starting at QB for over 2 years now. They should have known he was not the answer to run a pass happy spread offense as soon as they saw him in spring practice the first year he was here. Heck they should have known that by looking at him his senior year in high school where he ran a wing-t offense and never passed the ball.

I agree with Reuben. They did not put him in a position to succeed. Who in their right mind would put PJ in an empty backfield with a 5 wide receiver set?

a team that has a 6-6 receiver should be able to complete more then 7 passes a agam.  Hard to recruit any good QB when you don't run a pass and catch offense.  So by switching to a option type attack you only make it worse downt he road.  And I would argue that they throw the ball a 1/4 of what they did with blackwell.

THe only way to change and make PJ effective is to not throw the balll at all.    If you do that...

How do you get good WR's to come to your school if you don't throw the ball.

For the love of god its PJ who is the problem.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Dilfer won a super bowl with different coaches.

Dungy has not with a "better" QB.

and how AWFUL was the offense in Baltimore that year.  That might have been one of the worst super bowls in recent memory.

they won that game on defense....and defense alone.

Dilfer was terrible.  If you are going to defend trent dilfer -- then there is no use talking anymore.

ANd dungy didn't win a super bowl because the screwed him and let him go -- then gruden came in and took dungy's team to the show.

Since then who has become a better team.  I would say the colts.  Better conference -- better record...better team.

Got shell shocked this year by the steelers.