• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Recruiting .......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

it means plenty

your wacked

Smaz, maybe you oughta spend a lil more time in English class. "Your wacked." What is that? Smazzabonics?  Did you mean you're whacked? As in You are whacked? Liberal education will getcha every time. Bil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132

I know they are only rankings and there can be plenty of surprises in USF's class but lets be realistic, everyone is watching Rivals to see where USF finishes.

They better do well tomorrow because they are going to lose their only 4 star recruit which will move USF further down, possibly into the 60's. Stirrups is purely window dressing and the only reason he still shows on our list, guess the ranking means something to JL. How about this for a perfect storm tomorrow - UCF signs a couple of surprises and JL swings and misses, USF gets beat by UCF. I would hate to see that because USF has so much more potential (big east and all) but I personally believe if the 2 schools switched staffs USF would be in the top 40.

I know everyone is trying to be positive about our recruiting class but we also have to be realistic and every college recruiting class is judged based on the rating services and right now USF is getting killed. Anything less then top 50 should be considered a failure - IMHO. Filling holes should be a priority but when do we move ahead of the train coming towards us and actually recruit depth. Maybe I am more impatient then some on this board but I think we should be recruiting at least in the top 40 every year.

The ONLY rating that counts is W-L. And we won't know that score for a couple of years, as concerns this class. As I recall, the Gators won a national title with a class not ranked in the top 10, 3-4 years previously.

Bil not ranked in the top 10 is far different then not rated in the top 50.

I  have to ask another question, what recruit has gotten better since coming to USF? I can name plenty of players that have not lived up to expectations (just take a look at all the complaints about the WR's and QB's). It is all about coaching and I am not seeing it with the current staff.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146

I am being optimistic.  I know that Coach Smith is not the answer for offensive coordinator.  I know that, unfortunately, we will have to suffer through another year of Smith.  But I feel like we are still improving and will continue to do so.   As long as our defensive coaches remain, and we continue to bring in better talent offensively, and hopefully bring in some new blood offensively.  We honestly do have a chance to do special things.  Will those happen?  I hope so, and I think eventually they will.  

Anyways, tomorrow is signing day.  I think the defensive coaches have done an awesome job of bringing in guys that will make them continue to improve on defense.  I think most of the offensive guys are an improvement from what we have been getting.  Tomorrow is the day to celebrate what might happen in the future.

Bil not ranked in the top 10 is far different then not rated in the top 50.

I  have to ask another question, what recruit has gotten better since coming to USF? I can name plenty of players that have not lived up to expectations (just take a look at all the complaints about the WR's and QB's). It is all about coaching and I am not seeing it with the current staff.

For Florida, being out of the top 10 is akin to our being out of the top 50.  As to who has gotten better? Well, Pat Julmioste has; certainly he was better this year than last. I think our O-line improved, as did the entire defense. Were there lapses? Sure. But this is a young team that will continue to improve, IMHO. It is all about coaching, I agree. And I submit that  not another coach in the country could have started this team from scratch, and brought it to the brink of a BCS bowl in 9 (NINE!) years. Even with all the bad recruiting supposedly going on.  Bil

The chance of playing WVU  for a chance to play in the BCS was lost because of the COACHES.

Now JL has been a good coach amongst very difficult odds by starting this program from scratch but the program has gone sideways the last 3 years. With that said, I think the program and JL can be pushed forward but hard decisions need to be made about the offensive assistants and the play calling.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

BILLISH-YOU SEEM to have an understanding of what is going on with usf football

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

If sideways means a bowl bid and a **** good chance at the Sugar Bowl, I'll take it every year...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

If sideways means you are playing with kids recruited while you had no conference affiliation and then C-USA and having a progressively tougher schedule each of the last three years and going to your first bowl game ever then I'm with bouncer.  ;)