• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Recruiting .......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you have to be pretty bad not to be a contender for big east crown when school is in tampa

wv man handled usf

usf lost to uconn

that should never happen

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

For Florida, being out of the top 10 is akin to our being out of the top 50.  As to who has gotten better? Well, Pat Julmioste has; certainly he was better this year than last. I think our O-line improved, as did the entire defense. Were there lapses? Sure. But this is a young team that will continue to improve, IMHO. It is all about coaching, I agree. And I submit that  not another coach in the country could have started this team from scratch, and brought it to the brink of a BCS bowl in 9 (NINE!) years. Even with all the bad recruiting supposedly going on.  Bil

PJ was better?  I have to call BS on that one.  I can't think of one statistical category he improved in, possibly rushing yards and that's because there were more designed runs for him.   8 TDs and 20 something int's is HORRIBLE.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pj was the worst qb in div 1 ,2 or 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

YEAh, but you shoulda seen PJ TWO years ago (the first year Blackwell was gone). He was worse; and he improved. Guess ya' had to be there to see it. So... where were you?  Bil

you have to be pretty bad not to be a contender for big east crown when school is in tampa

wv man handled usf

usf lost to uconn

that should never happen

Also, in Tampa, The TB Bucs lost to SanFran, lost to NYJets, both teams with 3 wins each. Should never happen. BUT good football teams lose games. Play in the SEC & find out why its so hard to win a National Title. Bulls did dam fino for who they are, WHERE they are (9 years old), and playing in an empty stadium.  And, Smaz, part of the problem is, the Bulls are in Tampa. The Bucs, the Lightning, the Devil Rays, the beaches, Ybor City and etc. What does Gainesville or Tallahassee (or Columbus, or Norman, or College Station) have that compares with that list? Nothing, I submit. Except  football teams with long and storied histories. And history isn't built in a day or a season. Though, we almost did it this year! And we did go to a bowl. C'mon guys, howsa 'bout a lil positivity? Bil

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

get some stats, sure.  I think he got better because when he was competing with banks for the starting job he was even worse.  at times last year he was ok.

however, being in tampa is more important for college teams.  all those landmarks, including busch gardens as well, are reasons players should want to come here.  in the NFL you go where you get the most money 95% of the time, just like in the business world.  that's why we should never lose to UConn, a team in the middle of nowhere in the freezing cold.

I agree with some of that, but the point is this: even good teams lose to teams they should beat. Ask Louisville this year. Ask Pitt last year. Ask the Carolina Panthers at home v. the Bucs. Never say never.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

however, being in tampa is more important for college teams.  all those landmarks, [glb]including busch gardens [/glb]as well, are reasons players should want to come here.  in the NFL you go where you get the most money 95% of the time, just like in the business world.  that's why we should never lose to UConn, a team in the middle of nowhere in the freezing cold.

I'm sorry, but Busch Gardens is the FURTHEST thing from a recruits mind when comming to Tampa.  A lot of kids at this age are very cocky, they have been catered to their WHOLE life. They want to be loved and adored, thus the reason a lot of kids like the schools in smaller towns in many cases.

This is comming from expirience. These kids wanna be king, in a college town like Gainesville, they are treated that way immediately.