• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

(Hell has Frozen Over)Hinkelberger Tips Cap 2 RMC

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

To all my critics on this board (Velcro, Triple B) - I write this post and say that RMC showed some real skill tonight.  Althought Villanova was without one of its best players (I believe their pointguard Ray - the guy is nasty) --  I watched with close eyes in the last 7 mins on how Mac ran the game.  He didn't make a single mistake.

1. he kept the best guys on the floor rather then try to pull some wool out and save people - smart move.

2.  our team plays pretty darn good defense.  always a sign of a good coach

3.  the plays he called and the timeouts he asked for were right in line.  Jackass Greenberg wouldn't have called that timeout when nova went on that 8-0 run to take the lead at 46-45.

4.  AND THE BEST MOVE he made was that play that got a GREAT look for jones at the end of the game with that 3 pointer.  I don't know if that was drawn up but 1. going fo the three wasn't something that jack butt greenberg would have done and 2. he was thinking the same thing I was -- "we just went to OT with Seton Hall and got crushed because we dont have a bench...  right now we have a chance to win the game, lets take a shot."  GREAT MOVE.  Can't ask for much more

5.  We have some heart.  We play pretty smart for what assets we have.  If we could just get somebody to stop turning the stupid ball over, we might have something.

-----------

Negative.

We are not winning games.  We are not really even close to competing.  If you think teams are coming to tampa hyped up to play us you are crazy.  These guys are totally looking past us, and we sneak up on people.  I think RMC is on a short rope.  He needs about 3 or so wins in conference for him to keep his job.  After tonight, I think I could see us winning 3 games. Last week, I said no way we win one game.   Don't call me crazy.  If he does, he keeps his job.  If we don't win a game in the conference.  He is gone, I don't care how much you boys LOVE rmc.   Like bread on a sunday morning.  He is toast

Ari Hinkelberger.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I don't disagree with anything of your positives. And you're right, teams are looking past us...

But McCullum isn't going anywhere, anytime soon - USF cannot afford to buy out his contract and the boosters probably aren't going to make any noise no matter how bad the record.

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

With all of this "pat-um-on-the-back-its" around this board this morning, I still can not see Woolard keeping this guy around if he doesn't win a few games in the conference.  I just can't see it.  Maybe we are that broke, but that sends a  terrible signal to the sports watching public.  If you don't win games and graduate players, then you can't keep your job.  As much as MAC is loved around this part, he has not produced at least a winning season since he has been here.  He still has some terrible losses (boofoon cookman, FIU, bottom of CUSA both years, dead last in the Big East)  and doesn't exactly provide anything of accomplishment to refere too.  Mostly, a lot of excuses.  Some valid and some not..

he might be a great guy, a great coach, a great motivator, moral, but he hasn't WON very many games.  in fact, he has lost more games then he has won, and in basketball that is AWFUL.

Ari Hinkelberger - who still doesn't seem him around come april 2005.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

He's got at least one more year even if he doesn't win one more game this year (confirmed from a very good source).

Guest rueben_horowitz

I think CRM's around for next season; and probably the one after that. I'll give credit where credit is due -- He coached a great game last night and has his 5 guys playing hard. But everyone sees his guys dying out there b/c we have no subs, which is CRM's fault, and likely his demise in the coming seasons.

My prediction: We won't win a BE game this year. Next year we win 5 conference games and everyone will think it's so wonderful that CRM deserves more time. Like last years conference tourney -- people still talk about two wins like we went to the final four or something....We haven't even sniffed the big dance in how many years??

Low expectations will keep the CRM boat afloat.

Rueb

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

Ari Hinkelberger - who still doesn't seem him around come april 2005

i saw him around at april of 05, and i remember him doing alot at the end of last season, beating a ranked team at home, going to the conference tourny and coming within two games of going to the ncaa tournament

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

You fail to remember what he walked into when he took the job. We had nothing, nobody. Sure, he could have blown 8 scholarships the first year on warm bodies, but where would we have been in four years when they graduate? in the same hole as before. It takes time to build a program and get your guys. This isn’t like the NBA where you can just pay for them and away you go. Recruiting a player is a long process and I trust when RM can fill his bench not only will we have a pretty decent team that can win most nights, but that a proper foundation has been laid to promote success over the long term.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

I couldn't agree more about the coaching of the BBall team.  He is a GREAT coach.  However, there are other aspects to college basketball.  The team management and recruiting is worse than horrible which is killing us.  We have a great coach, but nobody to play for him.  Appears SG was a better recruiter, but couldn't get it the boys to perform.  I wish we had a mix of both.  

I don't comment much on Bball, but that's how I see it.  

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

USF will win a MBB BE game this season...maybe 3 or 4.  If our BasketBulls had a bench, Holmes may have made that shot.  IMO, CRM can be competitive in the BE but probably not until 2007/08.  Heck I think its even possible to not finish last in the BE this season and with a miracle or two go to MSG in March.  Look at USF's last 6 games.  5 out of those 6 USF can be competitive and if you consider last season's late run who knows.  This team is due.  And by the scores of the BE games, these guys can play D.  If CD can start scoring from the field, things will change.

Those of you that say RCM may have issues recruiting.  Do what I did.  Take a closer look.  BMo, James Holmes, SoJo, CD, Buckley, Cann & Chris Howard are siginificant players.  I'm beginning to believe Mattis & Richardson will be contribute heavily next season.  The injury bug has decimated this team.  If this team can get past that, my biggest & prolly only concern is USF will be w/o a center next season.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

You fail to remember what he walked into when he took the job. We had nothing, nobody. Sure, he could have blown 8 scholarships the first year on warm bodies, but where would we have been in four years when they graduate? in the same hole as before. It takes time to build a program and get your guys. This isn’t like the NBA where you can just pay for them and away you go. Recruiting a player is a long process and I trust when RM can fill his bench not only will we have a pretty decent team that can win most nights, but that a proper foundation has been laid to promote success over the long term.

Uh, do the names Terrence Leather, Brian Swift, and Marlyn bryant ring a bell?  he had a GREAT core of players coming in here and still couldn't go .500.  Don't mix up the facts