• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to get behind CRM

Guest rueben_horowitz

According to your "all or nothing" views, yes we DO have to be in 1st.

His replacement gets 3 or 4........so at what point in that time period would u start jumping on his ass if he's not the Big East Champs?

Oh, and buying them a car jUUUUUUUUUUst might get Coach Rueb in NCAA trouble....just maybe.

And i DO think its personal with you and coach mac, for some reason...

So you ignore my responses and put words in my mouth...bravo.

If you readit properly, you would see that all I want is to make the NCAA tourney once in a while, so throw your "all or nothing" b.s. away.

And I was joking about the car.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

simple point being is that CRM dealt himself the cards - he recruits, he staffs the team.  injuries hit everyone, all the time, build a team that does not need all the stars and moons to be aligned to be competitive. i'm sorry, look at frane, richardson, THESE ARE MAC'S GUYS AND THEY CAN'T EVEN GET ON THE FLOOR!  i'm not talking national championship, i'm talking about winning a few games, even with the injuries.

almost dinner time, boyz, time for all of you in the mac fan club to take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong drink of the koolaid....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmm!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

we don't need the stars aligned to be competitive... we are taking ranked teams to the limit now.. .that is competitive, despite having a short roster.  

We'll have a full roster next season, you will see.  

I overheard a bunch of nova fans after the game talking about how great our defense was.  

This is NOT a fluke... if it was a fluke... then why are we doing it every night to great scoring teams... WVU/Nova/UAB... we might not be winning but we aren't far off from being very competitive.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

simple point being is that CRM dealt himself the cards - he recruits, he staffs the team.  injuries hit everyone, all the time, build a team that does not need all the stars and moons to be aligned to be competitive. i'm sorry, look at frane, richardson, THESE ARE MAC'S GUYS AND THEY CAN'T EVEN GET ON THE FLOOR!  i'm not talking national championship, i'm talking about winning a few games, even with the injuries.

almost dinner time, boyz, time for all of you in the mac fan club to take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong drink of the koolaid....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmm!

if you win 7 games, high school seniors arent going to be knocking down your doors. you're not just gonna show up next fall with 5-6 studs that can step in and play. yeah, everyone has injuries, but when you're a basketball powerhouse, they dont show up as much DUE to your depth...not only depth, but QUALITY depth.

look, im not saying coach mac is coack K by any means, but damnit for the 1st time in a long time, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

and next year, I fully expect all of you nay sayers to be RIGHT BACK ON THESE BOARDS eating crow.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Be glad to be wrong, but i don't think that last year at this time we were saying "frane is a slug" "richardson is no good" "we knew cann was going to be hurt" "sills will never play". the proof is in the play, but all those warm bodies need to materialize, after qualifying. nothing is a given, as we all know.

and by the way, if i have to eat crow, i hope u mac-ers save me some of that extra special koolaid to enjoy with my **** sandwich.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

People how about taking a look at the loses.

Ranked WVU, @Syracuse, @G'Town, V'Nova

Getting Votes UAB, SJU, MI

Other Significant Losses @Seton Hall, Iowa State (winning record) & Oregon State (winning record)

That's 10 losses that are not really embarrassing.  If you look past FIU (OT on the road) & BCC, the rest are not that unexpected.  The TXCC does have a strong record.

Is this really what we want as fans???  To be counting our "good" losses is sad.  

From all the injuries, I'm wondering if the trainer has prepared the players well for the season, or were the injuries just freak accidents? (I'm a new season ticket holder)  Has the trainer got some credentials?  This is an essential part of any good basketball program.

What does the Coach himself say about recruiting?  What does HE offer in the way of accountability about a big man, or about his plan to get name players to USF?  If it doesn't happen, he should be fired just like any other exec who fails to meet his goals.  It is business, like it or not.    

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

What does the Coach himself say about recruiting?

usually talks about it on his coaches show....tonight at 8. 620wdae.com

What does HE offer in the way of accountability about a big man, or about his plan to get name players to USF?

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Prospects;action=display;num=1135021181

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Prospects;action=display;num=1136778131

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

How many years before we go to the NCAA tournament ?  Not the last two years, not this year and I along with almost everyone here will be shocked if we go next year.  This is the standard all college coachs are held to.  You are good if you go and not so good if you don't.(some must win games in the dance to keep their jobs)

1.  Mac is a good college coach.

2. Mac is a poor recruiter.

3. Does anyone not believe that if Huggins(just using him as an example-pick any high profile coach) where named head coach at the end of the season that our recruiting wouldn't improve dramaticly .

4. Does anyone believe that Mac isn't trying his hardest ?

5. Can anyone tell me Miami's record in the first three years of the BE ?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Is this really what we want as fans???  To be counting our "good" losses is sad.  

From all the injuries, I'm wondering if the trainer has prepared the players well for the season, or were the injuries just freak accidents? (I'm a new season ticket holder)  Has the trainer got some credentials?  This is an essential part of any good basketball program.

What does the Coach himself say about recruiting?  What does HE offer in the way of accountability about a big man, or about his plan to get name players to USF?  If it doesn't happen, he should be fired just like any other exec who fails to meet his goals.  It is business, like it or not.    

Never called them "good" losses.  If you go back & look at USF's traditional losses in any season, these games would be losses.  USF is playing 3 times the nationally recognized programs and the MBB team has 7 losses to teams ranked or with votes.  Give me a break In-crud-girl.

This team lost 4 players expected to contribute due to circumstances CRM had no influence over w/maybe the exception of Sills at the beginning of the season.  Some of you people, I'd hate to work for you.  You'd be given the ole hook with one mistake.

All I'm saying is look at the MBB's big picture.  Empty cupboards 3 yrs ago and 2 yrs of  injuries, defection & disease plagued team.  And going from a below middle level team in an average conference to playing in history's tuffest conference.  USF will be .500 (15-15) next season and 17-19 wins in 2007/'08.  If Dennis/Capko guard can start scoring 10 pt and giving the team 5 assists, wins will come.

Guest rueben_horowitz
3. Does anyone not believe that if Huggins(just using him as an example-pick any high profile coach) where named head coach at the end of the season that our recruiting wouldn't improve dramaticly .

I agree with everything except #3. Without beating a dead horse --

Absolutely -- Huggins would be able to get better recruits. Why? A few reasons - He takes his team to the second round of the big dance every year, and he's put numerous players into the NBA.

To add to that -- Where would you rather go to college? ****inati or Tampa? If he could get kids to come to that little dump of a river city, he'd have no problem getting kids to come to paradise.

We might have to expand the teacher's lounges to accomodate his players, but there's always negatives.

Huggins isn't coming,

Rueben