• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to get behind CRM

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

excited over moral victories?? c'mon, has it really sunk this low?

No, excited that without the injuries, WHICH MCCULLUM HAS NO CONTROL OVER, we would be excited over ACTUAL victories.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rueben_horowitz
No, excited that without the injuries, WHICH MCCULLUM HAS NO CONTROL OVER, we would be excited over ACTUAL victories.

If we had all our players healthy, if we had more money, if we just give CRM more time, blah blah blah.

If the Queen had balls, she'd be the King.

Rueb

Wow, drink up on the kool aid, boys, we're getting close to WINNING ONE FREAKING GAME! we're not talking about a winning record, winning the conference, getting to the tournament, or competing for a national championship, we're hanging our freaking aspirations on WINNING ONE FREAKING CONFERENCE GAME?!!

Shoot higher, boys, or that arrow is going to hit us in the foot.

I've said it once, I've said it 3 times, and I'll say it for the 40th time....

You have to hit rock bottom before you can turn it around.

Bethune-Cookman was rock bottom.

I love the attitude that says "Ok, now that we're in the Big East, we should win the national championship.......THIS year."

That's just not realistic.

It has been said 100s of times that the Big East may be the best basketball conference E-V-E-R. Yet, you nay-sayers are legitimately upset that we arent Big East Champions in year 1.

Obviously forgetting that USF hasnt made the tournament in what, 15 years? Hell, how many times has USF won 20 games since 1990? How bout 25 games?

John Wooden couldve come in here and NOT won the Big East just the same as McCullum hasnt.

You people really need to take a look at reality.

The reality is that this team lost it's PG the DAY before the season started. That cannot be stated enough. It'd be like the Colts losing Peyton Manning in the last preseason game and having to play the season with Jim Sorgi for 16 games. It's just not possible.

Injuries happen. Yeah, everyone has them, but some are just more important than others.

I'm rambling now, but damnit its frustrating reading this CRAP from people who are too damned impatient and too damned unrealistic.

If you cant see the USF Bulls improving under Robert McCullum, than you're as blind as Rod Smith looking at his play sheet.

If we had all our players healthy, if we had more money, if we just give CRM more time, blah blah blah.

If the Queen had balls, she'd be the King.

Rueb

All i see out of you is complaining as well.

Answer me a few questions:

1) What were your expectations going into this basketball season? (before injuries)

2) What were your expectations (after injuries, before conference play) going into conference play?

3) What would YOU do(different than what McCullum has) to improve the play on the court(in season)?

4) What would YOU do to make the USF basketball program win the Big East next year?

5) How many losses does McCullum need for you to fire him?

6) How much of a "free pass" would you give his replacement(which obviously is what you want)?

7) How would YOU convince an NBA caliber recruit to come to USF? Actually, more than one.

Guest rueben_horowitz

I love the attitude that says "Ok, now that we're in the Big East, we should win the national championship.......THIS year."

That's just not realistic. The reality is that this team lost it's PG the DAY before the season started. That cannot be stated enough. It'd be like the Colts losing Peyton Manning in the last preseason game and having to play the season with Jim Sorgi for 16 games. It's just not possible.

Injuries happen. Yeah, everyone has them, but some are just more important than others.

If you cant see the USF Bulls improving under Robert McCullum, than you're as blind as Rod Smith looking at his play sheet.

The Peyton Manning comparison - not even close. Last time I checked we didn't have an all-world point guard injured. It was more like losing Pat Julmiste and being stuck with Denson or Hill.

These guys are leaving it all out on the court; nobody is denying that. CRM is doing something right. But at some point the W's got to start coming in; which they haven't.

My impatience has more to do with the fact that we suck year in and year out and no one seems to care. People don't even want to acknowledge it, instead they say stuff like 'we beat two top 25 teams last yr', or 'did you really expect to win the BE?'. So what? How much of that momentum did we carry into this year? Zero.

We're 6-13, 0-6 in the BE. We're not only losing conference games.

I simply long for the day when USF sniffs the big dance.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

The Peyton Manning comparison - not even close. Last time I checked we didn't have an all-world point guard injured. It was more like losing Pat Julmiste and being stuck with Denson or Hill.

These guys are leaving it all out on the court; nobody is denying that. CRM is doing something right. But at some point the W's got to start coming in; which they haven't.

My impatience has more to do with the fact that we suck year in and year out and no one seems to care. People don't even want to acknowledge it, instead they say stuff like 'we beat two top 25 teams last yr', or 'did you really expect to win the BE?'. So what? How much of that momentum did we carry into this year? Zero.

We're 6-13, 0-6 in the BE. We're not only losing conference games.

I simply long for the day when USF sniffs the big dance.

And I am sure when that day does come you will be complaining about something else.

I feel we did carry some momentum over from last year. You still keep forgetting we have been missing three players that were counted on to contribute! One is back and if you can't tell the difference the last 3 or 4 games then you are clueless. Imagine if the other 2 were back!

There is nothing we can do this year to change our situation. Start focusing on the positives and then maybe you will start seeing what the majority of us our seeing!

Guest rueben_horowitz

All i see out of you is complaining as well.

Answer me a few questions:

1) What were your expectations going into this basketball season? (before injuries)

2) What were your expectations (after injuries, before conference play) going into conference play?

3) What would YOU do(different than what McCullum has) to improve the play on the court(in season)?

4) What would YOU do to make the USF basketball program win the Big East next year?

5) How many losses does McCullum need for you to fire him?

6) How much of a "free pass" would you give his replacement(which obviously is what you want)?

7) How would YOU convince an NBA caliber recruit to come to USF? Actually, more than one.

Good questions.

1) My expectations, hmmm. Hard to say; I'd say my expectations were to be around .500 at the end of the year.

2) 5-11 in the BE

3) What would I do to improve the play on the court...I'd start with having some warm bodies on the bench that can dribble/pass/shoot. I think CRM's doing a tremendous job of playing his hand, but there's no reason Capko should be out there, a scholly player should be playing the point, injuries or not.

4) Win the BE next year? Not gonna happen. But with 7 teams likely to go to the big dance from the BE, we wouldn't have to be in 1st place.

5) Again this is unrealistic. Mac's not going anywhere next year imo. I'd say if he doesn't win half his BE games next yr he should be gone.

6) I'd give his replacement 3 or 4yrs. 3 if he can't keep players on the team or win a conference game.

7) If a recruit was from Chicago -- I'd show him the beach, I'd show him Mons Venus, I'd show him a freshman english class full of hot sluts, I'd show him Ybor & Channelside; and I'd buy him a car.  Seriously-- I'd show him the sunshine in January, he's never seen that before. And I'd show him the girls. That's what really motivated me to come down here. A friend took me to Hooters, to Ybor, and to Mons. Next thing you know, USF ressurects it's lacrosse team, names Rueb captain, and they go to the SELC championship game a year later.

Again, I'm just sick of our program sucking...nothing personal against CRM - he's doing a good job this year. And when we sniff the tourney, you'll never hear me complain again...I think.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

i thought 7-20 was rock bottom? it gets worse than that??

hide the kids and lock the doors!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

People how about taking a look at the loses.

Ranked WVU, @Syracuse, @G'Town, V'Nova

Getting Votes UAB, SJU, MI

Other Significant Losses @Seton Hall, Iowa State (winning record) & Oregon State (winning record)

That's 10 losses that are not really embarrassing.  If you look past FIU (OT on the road) & BCC, the rest are not that unexpected.  The TXCC does have a strong record.

3) What would I do to improve the play on the court...I'd start with having some warm bodies on the bench that can dribble/pass/shoot. I think CRM's doing a tremendous job of playing his hand, but there's no reason Capko should be out there, a scholly player should be playing the point, injuries or not.

See, I figured you would skip the KEY part of the question. Go back read the part that said "(in season)"

Meaning, with the hand he's dealt, how would you have done better with the same situation?

4) Win the BE next year? Not gonna happen. But with 7 teams likely to go to the big dance from the BE, we wouldn't have to be in 1st place.

According to your "all or nothing" views, yes we DO have to be in 1st.

6) I'd give his replacement 3 or 4yrs. 3 if he can't keep players on the team or win a conference game.

His replacement gets 3 or 4........so at what point in that time period would u start jumping on his ass if he's not the Big East Champs?

7) If a recruit was from Chicago -- I'd show him the beach, I'd show him Mons Venus, I'd show him a freshman english class full of hot sluts, I'd show him Ybor & Channelside; and I'd buy him a car.  Seriously-- I'd show him the sunshine in January, he's never seen that before. And I'd show him the girls. That's what really motivated me to come down here. A friend took me to Hooters, to Ybor, and to Mons. Next thing you know, USF ressurects it's lacrosse team, names Rueb captain, and they go to the SELC championship game a year later.

Ok, I totally agree about using the chicks angle....but at SOME point the kid is gonna ask "how are you gonna get me to the NBA?" or "how many NBA players came through this program?"

Oh, and buying them a car jUUUUUUUUUUst might get Coach Rueb in NCAA trouble....just maybe.

Again, I'm just sick of our program sucking...nothing personal against CRM - he's doing a good job this year. And when we sniff the tourney, you'll never hear me complain again...I think.

We're all tired of it sucking. But you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...unlike in years past.

And i DO think its personal with you and coach mac, for some reason...