• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kyle Bronson Kicker signs scholarship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

back to Benzer"drine"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

Will have to agree with Smazza in this one.  Total bonehead move on Leavitts part.  STUPID.  Kid was a really good kicker.  NOt sure what the heck went down.  I have never been a fan of coaches protecting other peoples scholarships.  If we have a guy who can kick better, then sorry.  That is the nature of the beast.

Our kicking game was one of the few bright spots this year offensively.

Bonehead move CJL>

Should have coughed up the scholarship and cut someone elses.  The coaches who take kickers for granted always get bit in the ass down the road.

Ari Hinkelberger

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  342

Will have to agree with Smazza in this one.  Total bonehead move on Leavitts part.  STUPID.  Kid was a really good kicker.  NOt sure what the heck went down.  I have never been a fan of coaches protecting other peoples scholarships.  If we have a guy who can kick better, then sorry.  That is the nature of the beast.

Our kicking game was one of the few bright spots this year offensively.

Bonehead move CJL>

Should have coughed up the scholarship and cut someone elses.  The coaches who take kickers for granted always get bit in the ass down the road.

Ari Hinkelberger

I have to totally disagree with Ari and Smazza on this one.  Bill Gramatica was an excellent kicker for us.  Kyle Bronson is alot like Santiago which is a servicable kicker you can get by with for now.  Since when does a 68% on field goals made constitute a great kicker.   I will  preach Smazza's words on this one and we should not settle for mediocrity.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Benzer will be a great kicker for us... he has a good leg and good accuracy... I'm sure some of his probelms were freshman nerves... he'll take over this year and never look back.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I have to totally disagree with Ari and Smazza on this one.  Bill Gramatica was an excellent kicker for us.  Kyle Bronson is alot like Santiago which is a servicable kicker you can get by with for now.  Since when does a 68% on field goals made constitute a great kicker.   I will  preach Smazza's words on this one and we should not settle for mediocrity.

I agree totally. Good luck to Bronson in his future. But since Bill Gramatica none of these kids could nail a 45yd field goal consistently.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Isn't that the same school that had Kathy Ireland as a kicker in 'Necessary Roughness'?  Good for him.........

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

the kid stepped in and did the job

he earned a scholly

our kicker next year will not do as well-bank on it

lord leavitt makes another bad decision

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Isn't that the same school that had Kathy Ireland as a kicker in 'Necessary Roughness'?  Good for him.........

Go Bulls!

haha, yea it is.  are they really called the Fighting Armadillos?