• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kyle Bronson Kicker signs scholarship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I have never been a fan of coaches protecting other peoples scholarships.  If we have a guy who can kick better, then sorry.  That is the nature of the beast.Should have coughed up the scholarship and cut someone elses.

Thanks for proving you know absolutely nothing about college football.  Here, I'll teach you something:

If a coach cuts a player's scholarship for anything other than grades or disciplinary issues, that coach cuts his ties to the high school he recruited that player from.  Additionally, many other high school coaches will stop helping that coach out.  The end result is that recruiting declines because the high school coaches won't support the college coach.

Understand?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Goodluck Kyle. 68% kicker is good for a freshman that will only get better as he gets older. the kicking game should be strong next year w/returning kickers in benzer and teachey.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

maybe thats why bronson didnt get a scholarship....

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

just wait!

famous last words

i am tired of waiting

we have been waiting for a qb for 4 years

we have been waiting for  an OC forever

leavitt failed to do the right thing again

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

just wait!

famous last words

i am tired of waiting

we have been waiting for a qb for 4 years

we have been waiting for  an OC forever

leavitt failed to do the right thing again

Please remind when, at any point, you were ever happy with anything our football team did on or off the field.

If you did- it was always a quip or two. Then back to the fire again to rage over the latest thing to complain about.

pot stirrer -- I can't count how many conversations I've had with people who absolutely despise the things you say about our programs with great regularity. The entire "devil's advocate" perspective has become extremely stale IMO.

anyway-- fire away and claim I am a drunk college student or whatever your mind wants to think I am.

the previous post was placed to appease Coach Leavitt who allows me to go on the field to take pictures for smazza

oh-- and good luck to Kyle at his new school.

Most of us appreciate his efforts this season and don't see his leaving as the act of a traitor or his treatment by USF's staff as some lie/bonehead move.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

no one faults the kicker

we fault leavitt.

you seem to know your place in all of this and that is good

you can't be objective for fear thaT you will be ostracised from something you care very much about.

your decisions,opinions and the way you conduct yourself  are driven by peer pressure.

i call it like i see it

you shouldnt read my posts if they bother you so

Guest S.  Bien

I agree totally. Good luck to Bronson in his future. But since Bill Gramatica none of these kids could nail a 45yd field goal consistently.

BINGO!  The kid had marginal range, and decent accuracy.  We've got Benzer, and commit Alvarado is a k/punter.  This team cannot waste scholarships, particularly on to many kickers.  We need more depth and talent at other positions on offense and defense.  Those that thought we should throw a schollie his way are failing to rationalize two things- 1. we picked up Bronson on a walk-on try-out, what makes you think he's a one in a million?  Schools do this all the time, and with two kickers on schollie next year, and we've got about four more walk-ons hanging around, enough with the kickers.  2.  some of those that wanted Leavitt to throw him a scholarship are also some of the biggest whiners about his production.  Clearly passing on giving a THIRD scholarship to a kicker means Leavitt will have one more to possibly give to a top flight QB- SAY THADDEUS LEWIS.  Which is it boys, Bronson or Lewis?

Exactly.  Bronson was easy to find, and he's easy to replace.  His longest kick was 47 yards, but he was 2 for 6 from that range.  Not much to do cartwheels over.  Also, Benzer was looking better in practices throughout the year which made Bronson even more expendable.