• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Q & A with our newest recruit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

LeBrandon Glover talks with rivals about his choice.  He seems like a good kid and one hell of a football player.  I am looking forward to seeing him in the green and gold!

USFBullsEYE.com: You made your official visit to USF last weekend and decided to commit. What was it that helped make up your mind, anything in particular that stood out?

GLOVER: Everything. The city. The coaches. I like their style of defense. They blitz players a lot and let their linebackers make plays. They were coming at me real hard and they really need linebackers, so it was a good fit. Me and (Miami Central LB Sabbath Joseph) were talking on our visit and he asked me, "What are you going to do?" We both said, you know what, we can get it done at South Florida.

Q: You had been a verbal commit to Mississippi State. How did they take the news?

GLOVER: Yeah, I was committed to Mississippi State and they got mad because I took the visit to USF. I was supposed to go there this weekend, but that's not going to happen. My cousin Adron (Chambers, a freshman WR at MSU) was really pushing me to go there, but . . . I might still make a visit to Illinois on Jan. 27, maybe. I'll see when I hear from the coach there.

Q: We hear Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Derrick Brooks may have played a part in your decision. Is that true?

GLOVER: Yeah, Derrick Brooks goes to my church when he's up (in Pensacola), so I've gotten to know him. I go to Tampa and watch him every year and he's shows me around Tampa. I always liked it. When I was on my visit to USF, I talked to him on the phone and he told me I was making a good choice. He said Coach (Wally) Burnham is a great coach and he helps get players to the next level. It'll help me get better having Derrick around, too.

Q: Where do you expect to play at USF?

GLOVER: I really could play all three linebacker spots because of my size and speed, but I'll probably play middle because it's my best chance to develop and go to the league.

Q: The Bulls have a pretty good linebacking corps returning in 2006, do you think playing with those guys will help your progression?

GLOVER: Definitely, I can look at what Stephen Nicholas does in his last year – all the linebackers there – and see how they play; see what kind of mistakes they make so I don't do the same things and I play even a little bit better.

Q: Are you glad to have this decision made and end your recruiting?

GLOVER: I'm real happy. It was fun at first with all of the attention and the coaches calling all the time. For a while, I was getting four and five recruiters calling every day, and news people calling to see what was happening. I was getting tired of all that, so I committed.

Thank you Derrick Brooks!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I might still make a visit to Illinois on Jan. 27, maybe. I'll see when I hear from the coach there.

Why?  ??? GO with the Green and Gold Baby

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

"Thank you Derrick Brooks! "

Ditto.................

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

can wally coach offense?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

That was premimum content from another website.  I'm sure the paying members do not appreciate the information they pay to read posted elsewhere for free.

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,504
  • Days Won:  10

That was premimum content from another website.  I'm sure the paying members do not appreciate the information they pay to read posted elsewhere for free.

I think that article was free, Omni, so it's fair game.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

it was a free article...if it was not i would not have posted it

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ron Zook single handily brought down a Florida program that Spurrier built. That should be enough fire power to make him think twice. If you look all the guys in the NFL from that 2002 Zook coached team that went 8-5 it makes you wonder how bad of a coach the guy is.