• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF BB The Worst in the BCS ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Well it was boring day at work so I thought I would do some quick research on what teams records looked like so far this year in the BCS conferences.  I think most would agree that out of conference games before a season starts is where most teams fatten up on their wins with an occasional team that doesn't(DePaul a few years ago comes to mind).  With that in mind lets look what the conferences look like as of today.

ACC- not a single team in the ACC has an overall record under 500 and that includes Wake Forrest and Virgina Tech who are a combined 0-7 in conference play.

Big 12- There is not a single team in the Big 12 with an overall record under 500

Big East- Providence and USF both have overall records under 500 although Providence is one game under and USF is five games under.  Both teams are 0-4 in conference play.

Big 10- Only Purdue(oh how the mighty have fallen) is under 500 overall(one game under) and in conference play is 1-3.

Pac Ten- Arizona stay holds the distinction in the Pac Ten as the only sub-500 team overall(7-8) with a 1-5 conference record.

SEC- A supposedly weak conference this year they have no teams with overall records under 500.  Auburn holds the perfect conference record at 0-3.

Now the tournament starts.  Double elimination.

Providence

USF

Purdue

Arizona State

1. Seed them

2. Who goes out the first

3. Who goes out the second

4. Can any of these teams go 3-0 to win ?

Yes, they are formatted in a negative way but we are talking about the teams with the worst records in the BCS conferences.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

All four are aweful teams, but I say

1. Purdue out 1st

2. USF out 2nd

3. Arizona St out 3rd

4. Providence goes 3-0

Baylor is under .500 in the Big 12, but they were not allowed to play any OOC games because of the violations of Dave Bliss. They are 0-2 this season, but have a decent team/

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

Big 12- There is not a single team in the Big 12 with an overall record under 500

FYI, Baylor is 0-2.  They weren't allowed to play any non-conference games this season.  

USFFan

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I noticed that Baylor record and thought it was just an error.  My bad.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

Using BCS references in basketball are kind of irrelevant, since there are many non-football teams playing in "BCS" conferences or non-DI conferences who are pretty **** good in basketball (A-10, MVC).

I had predicted an 0-16 Big East record when the year began. I'd like to change that to 3-13. I think the fact our players are working their asses off every night every minute they're on the floor is going to earn them a few wins.

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

USF's basketball team is down men, down wins, and in need of a assited breathing device.

Steps to rebuild our horrible basektball team:

1.) Fire Mac

2.) Hire Doughtery or Chris Collins of Duke

3.) Try to find some decent recruits (step 1 and 2 will help this)

4.) Give the guys in step 2- four years to turn it around.

its that easy.

ari hinkelberger - who thinks that is exactly what doug woolard is going to do

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

USF's basketball team is down men, down wins, and in need of a assited breathing device.

Steps to rebuild our horrible basektball team:

1.) Fire Mac

2.) Hire Doughtery or Chris Collins of Duke

3.) Try to find some decent recruits (step 1 and 2 will help this)

4.) Give the guys in step 2- four years to turn it around.

its that easy.

ari hinkelberger - who thinks that is exactly what doug woolard is going to do

I'd wait to see what Coach McCullum can do on a full season without losing 3 players to injury.

It's hilarious that you throw Matt Doherty's name up there. This is the same coach who couldn't figure out how to beat an undermanned USF team.

Funny how you don't give Coach McCullum 4 years to turn around  from a declining program Seth left us.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

Okay, so the wins aren't here but the players are. We have very good players who play in an outstanding conference. If we were at full strength we would easily be at .500 now.

Give the team and coaches some credit (Except for the Cookman game).

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i can see the USF team being a great story in the big east next year...after finishing 1-15 in conference play a year before they bounce back to a 8-8 record