• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF BB The Worst in the BCS ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Funny how you don't give Coach McCullum 4 years to turn around  from a declining program Seth left us.

I think he says wacky stuff like that on purpose ....... there's no way he's that dense.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Using BCS references in basketball are kind of irrelevant

Not irrelevant at all Bobcat99.  The BCS conferences are the ones fattening up their winning percentage by playing teams in these other conferences. The Atlantic 10 had six teams at 500 or less and the MVC I will say is better then I thought with only three teams at 500 or less.  The BCS conferences are the top ranked conferences in BB and football.  When you look at MVC they are actually 7-9 against the BCS conferences which at first glance looks pretty good.  But guess what ? Four of those wins come against our four sluggs in the BCS conferences -DePaul(2),Purdue and Providence.  Just reinforces how bad these teams really are.  It does give me hope that when we play Providence the Bulls have a chance.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

it is bad

there should be a bottom four tourney with these teams

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

There's a BCS for basketball?  Wow, news to me.

However, the point is somewhat valid...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Many people use the analogy BCS Conferences to describe the big 6. Its easier than naming them all or pissing some off by calling them the big 6.

However the A-10 could probably destroy the Pac-10 in a challenge (Even though the A-10 really has 14 teams)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Many people use the analogy BCS Conferences to describe the big 6. Its easier than naming them all or pissing some off by calling them the big 6.

Thanks Joe, it seemed obvious to me but oh well.

I would agree the Pack Ten is down this year but I still don't see them losing to the A-10.  you have GW ranked and Xavier that may be ranked before the end of the year but the Pac 10 has both Wash & UCLA ranked and I have no clue what has happened to Arizona - they are like an elevator this year.  it would be closer then most years but the I would guess the Pac-10 goes 8-2 or 7-3 heads up against the best 10 teams of the A-10.