• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well its all but official: We will suck again

Guest AutoMax2006

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Stability of a coaching staff is very important to recruiting.

I've said it once, I've said it 47 times, I'll say it again.

RECRUITS ARENT STUPID.

RECRUITS WATCH TV.

A 17 year old kid doesnt care how stable the coaching situation is, if the stable coach SUCKS.

An offensive coordinator change would IMPROVE recruiting. It would prove that USF means business, that USF wants to put some points on the board, that USF wants to win games, that USF wants to win championships.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Hold on. I had no idea I was expounding on views that were also adhered to by the resident board nut case.

Please disregard my two previous posts on this thread. I need to do some serious soul searching on this matter.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.............ROTFLMAO

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Chill, I'm not anticipating anything until after our Feb. 1st signing day.

I hope you aren't going to be sitting around and waiting for anything to happen after signing day. It's not the fault of the coaches when we lost the games to PSU, Miami, Pitt, and UConn. Turnovers are the sole reason we lost those games.

Some things obviously need to change in terms of personnel, but I anticiapte those things will take care of themselves over the spring and the summer.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

I don't take ANYTHING serious from some one who has given up on next season  ::)

• Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

I've said it once, I've said it 47 times, I'll say it again.

Can we get an accounting count on that  ;)

I am not totally argueing with you, but also ... recruits think they are better than the current players also and no matter how bad coaching is/may be - they will excel.

Also, we've had 1 bad year with our OC ... I am still hoping it can improve with a better QB and BULLieve we have them on roster now.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Well on his way ?  ::)

I'm assuming you were at the Bowl Game...  enough said.    

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

3. It would be nice to think Leavitt realizes there is a

problem on offense.

He does, believe me. After the game I talked to him about the offense and you can see on his face he was disgusted with the offensive production. His comments were that the team needed to keep the defense at the level they are at and bring the offense up to the level of the defense. He wouldn't go into specifics but spoke of changes he was considering for next year. He knows the offense sucks, if you have ever talked to JL face to face you know he kind of has this trait where he starts to say something that he shouldn't; stops and gives a company line. He started to go off on someone/something realized who he was talking to stopped and made a comment about addressing change. So don't think he isn't aware of the problem.

As far as the negativity goes, I hate it, I hate reading cee's/smazza/guest posts, but in their defense, as if they need any, now is the time to post complaints and gripes about the team when change is evident and possible (like we have anything to so with it). During the offseason is when coaching/qb changes can and should be made not during the regular season. So get your gripes and bitches out now if you actually think that you what you say is going to swing a multi-million dollar business -do you really think they care if you, as an individual, by a ticket??- leave the regular season for those who want to remain positive and encourage the team rather then break 'em down.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

I've been to EVERY home game, six away games and one bowl game.  The bowl game was not the worst game we've played.  

PJ obviously is not the answer, but I'm sure the coaching staff did not teach CH to fumble the ball.

Question: Who made EdselMax the official?

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Sure, they didn't teach CH to fumble, but they sure didn't do anything positive to help build his confidence.  Look what happened to Courtney Denson the first half of the season,  pull him at the first mistake, (where his first collegiate start is in front of a hostile 100,000 against the best d in the nation) don't play him again until in a "high-pressure" come-from-behind situation (two games in a row), call some very QB intensive plays his first 2 snaps under center, then pull him when he screws up (again 2 games in a row Miami and Pitt).  We didn't see him try to complete a pass again until "Voodoo - 5" in a do-or-die to win the game.  With ALL of the confidence they showed in him up to that point, why put the game on his shoulders?    

C4 should have played in the first 2 quarters of the Bowl, instead of 3rd quarter at a swing point in the game.  Then when he makes a freshman mistake (btw handing off to ANOTHER FRESHMAN) they pull him.  

How in the heck anyone could flourish in said situations is beyond me.  

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Rod could make Joe Montana look bad.