• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Price of prestige

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161
  • Days Won:  0

It's all about money. Donors..donors.. and.. more donors. Until then we are stuck in mediocrity.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Will people PLEASE go one freaking thread without jumping on SMITH. He called a good game at the MCC Bowl, believe it or not, we don't have the SKILL players to EXECUTE in the passing game.

End of subject.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Will people PLEASE go one freaking thread without jumping on SMITH. He called a good game at the MCC Bowl, believe it or not, we don't have the SKILL players to EXECUTE in the passing game.

End of subject.

sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that thinks coaching is more then simply telling players what play to run. There is this little thing called COACHing hence the name COACH which consists of actually teaching and develping players. Our players are ill prepared and a complete mess on the field and have been for years. The play calling isn't great imo but it is the level of actual coaching that makes me feel the entire offensive staff (except Franks) needs to go. I'll support the team no matter what but it would be nice to have something enjoyable to watch. As it is I'll just have to accept that the offense will continue to be a brutally painfull display and hope the D continues to improve.

Guest BullsFans

End of subject.

Who recruited them?

Who has been coaching them?

Who chose to use an offensive plan that does't fit the skill level of the players?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Besides a few guys here and there though our offensive recruiting has not been great over the years. The last 2 years we were finally able to bring in some guys with promise, but they're YOUNG you have to give them time to pan out.

If these were top recruits (I.E. Florida State) then we would have a big problem.

The coaches are doing fine in developing our players, Andre Hall was MUCH better this year than 2004. He wasn't dancing as much behind the line and was picking his hole and running.

Patience my friends.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Besides a few guys here and there though our offensive recruiting has not been great over the years. The last 2 years we were finally able to bring in some guys with promise, but they're YOUNG you have to give them time to pan out.

If these were top recruits (I.E. Florida State) then we would have a big problem.

The coaches are doing fine in developing our players, Andre Hall was MUCH better this year than 2004. He wasn't dancing as much behind the line and was picking his hole and running.

Patience my friends.

Same problems different players. Only common thread over the years is the coaching. May not be top tier recruits but good coaching should be able to get more then what we have seen out of them. As we progress the players aren't the only area of talent that should be upgraded, we need better talent on the field AND the sideline.

Oh and as far as developing...only ONE position has progressed at all and that is the running back position. I seem to recall only one position coach that was upgraded....coincidence?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

N.C. State, which beat the Bulls 14-0 in Charlotte, had a nearly identical total budget of $1-million, yet the school's relative proximity allowed them to avoid the cost of a chartered flight, and the Wolfpack sold its full allotment, eliminating two costs that represented more than half of USF's total expenses.

I say Hmmm?   So Greg, what do you suppose NC State did with all their money ?  That is a lot of laa... never mind.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I say Hmmm?   So Greg, what do you suppose NC State did with all their money ?  That is a lot of laa... never mind.

I'd say they used it to pay off the officials...

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

$50 for each missed holding call...

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

Greg, that's a great article, thanks!

USFFan