• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Price of prestige

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Right. So like I said. So much for using the extra BOWL money to hire a new O.C.

Man people on this board will 'argue' about anything.

no argument, that was why I specified that you mentioned only the bowl revenue. HOWEVER, who ever said only the bowl revenue would be used to hire an OC? Point was football revenue was closer to 3mill so there should be plenty money left to raid for an OC

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

leavitt's new contract includes a generous bump in the salary pool for his assistants, so if he wanted to bring in a hire from outside, he has more money to work with to do that. if they make any coaching moves at all, it'll be after feb. 1. leavitt is very loyal to his assistants, so i wouldn't expect much if any turnover.

greg

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

leavitt's new contract includes a generous bump in the salary pool for his assistants, so if he wanted to bring in a hire from outside, he has more money to work with to do that. if they make any coaching moves at all, it'll be after feb. 1. leavitt is very loyal to his assistants, so i wouldn't expect much if any turnover.

greg

I agree, IMO if we were going to hear anything we would have heard it already. Considering Leavitt's loyalty I don't see him "using" a coach he plans to fire in order to keep recruits. I think he'd be straight up with them and give them the best chance to find another job. Anyway, I'm already trying to brace myself to deal with another painful year of watching an offensive disaster.....hey, if you don't make changes you won't GET changes.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

maybe we will get lucky and someone else will offer smith a job elsewhere....i can always dream can't i.....

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

obsessed! the sheer number of threads hijacked by Offensive Coordinator Envy is incredible. As a message board, you have to pace yourself. I'm going to go see how the 13th page of Kyle Bronson discussion is ...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  201

obsessed! the sheer number of threads hijacked by Offensive Coordinator Envy is incredible. As a message board, you have to pace yourself. I'm going to go see how the 13th page of Kyle Bronson discussion is ...

That's a great idea.....give the bowl revenue to Kyle Bronson.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

hmm. the "Price of prestige" turned out to be a profit.  That's great.

Guest BullsFans
maybe we will get lucky and someone else will offer smith a job elsewhere....i can always dream can't i.....

I'd bet that Bob Stoops would like him to be the OC at Texas.