• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

University Is Bullish On A New Sports Bar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Stellar job, Wooly... but why didn't you bring me any chips back?  Bastard...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Wooly, did you notice if there was a kids' menu?

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

so a "bulls" chilli/ruby tuesday/applebees is the impression I am getting?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

just got back from the place; stopped by to check it out and have a beer. It shows a lot of potential, but it's not quite there yet. I'm not offended by the Bucs' stuff on the way, but I'm a little proturbed at it (You're not gonna see USF stuff at a Bucs joint, or most Tampa joints for that matter). If anyone who works there/ the owner reads this, the miller lite draft tasted way off; it had a metallic twang to it, i think it might be the pipes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

just got back from the place; stopped by to check it out and have a beer. It shows a lot of potential, but it's not quite there yet. I'm not offended by the Bucs' stuff on the way, but I'm a little proturbed at it (You're not gonna see USF stuff at a Bucs joint, or most Tampa joints for that matter). If anyone who works there/ the owner reads this, the miller lite draft tasted way off; it had a metallic twang to it, i think it might be the pipes.

The way it sounds it should be mainly Bulls stuff but it would be foolish not to show a little love for the other local teams. Don't see any reason to be a even little perturbed about having Bucs stuff in there ...

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

, the miller lite draft tasted way off; it had a metallic twang to it, i think it might be the pipes.

I hope you told the bartender this.  I am sure they would have accomodated you or tried to fix the problem.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

just seems to me that a USF themed 'straunt should be all USF, same goes for any themed place. If it was an underwater themed place you wouldn't expect to see jungle stuff in there would you? Dumb analogy, i know, but i think i have a valid point. I spoke to my buddy about it, and what i told him was that it's clearly marketing to a USF crowd, hence The Bulls Ring, the Bulls stuff outside, the green paint, etc. Therefore anyone coming in is expecting USF stuff all over the walls. Obviously if a Bucs game or a Lightning game is on when a Bulls game isn't, i'm all for it. But we don't need Bucs stuff on the wall to "appeal" to the local crowd.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Soon I expect the cee/BuillsFan/Ari/Sheriff crowd to opine that it is our "low expectations" that allow this sort of tomfoolery to exist in the local restaurant business.

I thing the Bucs stuff should be burned.  It is The Bull Ring...make it USF or rename the **** place.  Once you let the Bucs in the door, the gators and 'noles can't be too far away.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

Wooly, did you notice if there was a kids' menu?

No, I didn't notice if they did or didn't have one. I doubt, if such a thing existed, that it would be any different than any other kid menu.

Thang is...their row is gonna be a little harder to hoe, seein' as how they missed football season and are not structured for watch parties. He did say, however, that they had a good crowd for the bowl game.

It was just an issue of timing. They might be in the watch-party business come next fall.

Guest BullsFans
Soon I expect the cee/BuillsFan/Ari/Sheriff crowd to opine that it is our "low expectations" that allow this sort of tomfoolery to exist in the local restaurant business.

I thing the Bucs stuff should be burned.  It is The Bull Ring...make it USF or rename the **** place.  Once you let the Bucs in the door, the gators and 'noles can't be too far away.  

As for the name..."The Bull Ring" sounds more like a  mexican restaurant than a USF themed joint.

From what I've read here, I won't waste my time going there even out of curiosity.

Who needs another place to eat ho-hum chow.  Thanks for the heads up.