• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

20,000 seats yet to be sold

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

You'll be surprised by how many of the "5000" are wearing red.  I'll drive 3 **hours** to get to Charlotte, just like the 11 to Miami, 9 to Tampa, 8 to Orlando, 8 to Birmingham, 6 to Jacksonville and 6 to Atlanta.  GO PACK!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Considering the history of attendance for these lower level bowls, I think 5,000 in green is a very respectable showing.

Guest BullsFans
You'll be surprised by how many of the "5000" are wearing red.  I'll drive 3 **hours** to get to Charlotte, just like the 11 to Miami, 9 to Tampa, 8 to Orlando, 8 to Birmingham, 6 to Jacksonville and 6 to Atlanta.  GO PACK!

Care to guess, how many of the Bull's 5000 were sold to NCS fans wanting better seats than they could get through Wolfpack sales?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Care to guess, how many of the Bull's 5000 were sold to NCS fans wanting better seats than they could get through Wolfpack sales?

If that was the case I hope they filled out the form correctly for the tix to be mailed, otherwise they're sitting at the SunDome waiting for them.    ;D   ;)

Guest BullsFans

If that was the case I hope they filled out the form correctly for the tix to be mailed, otherwise they're sitting at the SunDome waiting for them.    ;D   ;)

;D 8)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Interesting point.  Since their tickets will be at the USF will call window, can we refuse to hand the tickets over unless they are wearing green into the stadium?  When they pick up their tix, we should trade them a green shirt for the red shirt they will have on!

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I know USF fans that purchased their tickets through TicketMaster not knowing the importance of getting them through the school.  This is our first bowl, and the fans will learn.  

So there will be green scattered among the red even though we won't get credit for it.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I still say we have done fine selling bowl tickets.  Look at the other games, and if it isn't a BCS game many of them have no more ticket sales than we do.  If anything, I'm a bit dissapointed in NC State's sales.  How many of their alumni base live in the Charlotte area?   Michigan only sold 5K for their game.

Wisconsin, for Alvarez's last game as head coach, only sold 8k.  That is for one of the best traveling teams around.  Of course there are exceptions like VTech and Navy, but many of the bowl games are having ticket sales problems this year.

Major difference though. The schools (michigan/Wisconsin) buy out the remaining tickets to please the bowl directors and assure at large BCS bids if they might come avail. Usually these tickets are distributed to charities and such in the area.

Last night's Alamo Bowl was offically a sellout (62,000) even though only 45000 fans actually shpwed

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I think this generation of students will be a much more faithful alumni...having lived in the bay area my entire life, I grew up hearing all of my classmates say "I'm going to UF" or "I'm going to FSU"...no one ever said anything about USF.  Now you go into a classroom at an elementary school and you got a lot more kids saying "I'm gonna be a Bull! I go to the games all the time with my dad!" So it's starting...we're starting to develop a steady fan base...I think there's a real problem with our faculty.  I know they're not required to attend the games or anything like that, but hardly ANY of my professors have ever given a care about USF athletics.  Some are, in fact, pretty negative about USF sporting events (with the exception of Dr. Randy Miller who was a sports journalist and actually got to vote for the Heisman winner years ago).   In defense of professors at USF, I think it's kinda silly to make them pay when students get in for free.        

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

...  In defense of professors at USF, I think it's kinda silly to make them pay when students get in for free.

I think it's silly to let the students get in for free.  There is such a thing as perceived value.  If the tickets are free it can't be worth very much to go to a game.  Maybe if we charged $30 for a student season ticket we would have more of a demand for the games.