• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And ANOTHER hoops commit . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Cry GIF by MasterChefAU

image.gif.ebd040c39e248553f47159fe987c0bad.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Bro Hug The Voice GIF - Bro Hug The Voice Hugs - Discover & Share GIFs

Sarcasm. They both know how to recruit, sell their vision, and most importantly WIN.  They both have a contagious energy that the players and fans enjoy. They aren't just all talk like several of the past coaches and actually back it up with WINS. 

I read this thread twice because it was so bad  that I wanted to see if that was even possible, unfortunately it was. Outlaw there was no sarcasm font on your statement, Trips called you out and somehow you missed his point or attempted to deflect because he caught you in a fib, either way you are better than that and I am not better for opining on this ridiculous argument.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I read this thread twice because it was so bad  that I wanted to see if that was even possible, unfortunately it was. Outlaw there was no sarcasm font on your statement, Trips called you out and somehow you missed his point or attempted to deflect because he caught you in a fib, either way you are better than that and I am not better for opining on this ridiculous argument.

There was was no argument. I just explained to him what a bromance was. He is older and probably not a term he is used to seeing. They definitely have a friendship and lean on each other which you could call a work bromance. Caar was the spring game  on the field and annoucer booth having fun with the players, coaches, and fans. 

Workplace bromance-Friendships that originate in professional settings, thriving on common career interests.

"Some of this stuff you gotta go through on your own. You gotta learn on your own," Abdur-Rahim said. "Every now and again I might shoot him a text here or there. 'Hey, I see this, stay encouraged.' I’ve said this before: we live in this very, work in this very microwavable environment, and everybody like wants [success] yesterday."Abdur-Rahim took over Kennesaw State's program as a first-time head coach in 2019. This is Golesh's first season as a head coach, and he says he's all ears to the advice of his hoops counterpart."You don’t change. You hold that standard," Golesh said about what guidance he received. "And I certainly respect it because he literally just went through it. You saw living proof, evidence, at a job that hadn’t been great that he has made great.Despite having more head coaching experience, Abdur-Rahim said he's still learning."To be able to have [Golesh] to bounce stuff off of culturally X’s and O’s-wise, execution-wise… it’s invaluable for a coach."Golesh joked that he might pursue another career when his football days are over. "I think at the end of my time, I’m gonna go coach hoops and give my two cents," he laughed. "There’s way less guys to manage. Probably be a blast. I do know this- attitude and effort, you play defense, and you got a shot. Just gotta recruit. How many shooters you gotta recruit? Two?"

WWW.ABCACTIONNEWS.COM

USF football coach Alex Golesh and men's basketball coach Amir Abdur-Rahim are taking parallel paths to success in their respective "year ones," and they're happy to...

image.thumb.png.7628fe9ec41c01c885eb8ea3a71442b1.png

WWW.USFORACLE.COM

USF football coach Alex Golesh and men’s basketball coach Amir Abdur-Rahim come from exceptionally different backgrounds.  One is an Ohio native, the son of Russian...

Edited by Outlaw

55 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

There was was no argument. I just explained to him what a bromance was. He is older and probably not a term he is used to seeing. They definitely have a friendship and lean on each other which you could call a work bromance. Caar was the spring game  on the field and annoucer booth having fun with the players, coaches, and fans. 

Workplace bromance-Friendships that originate in professional settings, thriving on common career interests.

"Some of this stuff you gotta go through on your own. You gotta learn on your own," Abdur-Rahim said. "Every now and again I might shoot him a text here or there. 'Hey, I see this, stay encouraged.' I’ve said this before: we live in this very, work in this very microwavable environment, and everybody like wants [success] yesterday."Abdur-Rahim took over Kennesaw State's program as a first-time head coach in 2019. This is Golesh's first season as a head coach, and he says he's all ears to the advice of his hoops counterpart."You don’t change. You hold that standard," Golesh said about what guidance he received. "And I certainly respect it because he literally just went through it. You saw living proof, evidence, at a job that hadn’t been great that he has made great.Despite having more head coaching experience, Abdur-Rahim said he's still learning."To be able to have [Golesh] to bounce stuff off of culturally X’s and O’s-wise, execution-wise… it’s invaluable for a coach."Golesh joked that he might pursue another career when his football days are over. "I think at the end of my time, I’m gonna go coach hoops and give my two cents," he laughed. "There’s way less guys to manage. Probably be a blast. I do know this- attitude and effort, you play defense, and you got a shot. Just gotta recruit. How many shooters you gotta recruit? Two?"

WWW.ABCACTIONNEWS.COM

USF football coach Alex Golesh and men's basketball coach Amir Abdur-Rahim are taking parallel paths to success in their respective "year ones," and they're happy to...

image.thumb.png.7628fe9ec41c01c885eb8ea3a71442b1.png

WWW.USFORACLE.COM

USF football coach Alex Golesh and men’s basketball coach Amir Abdur-Rahim come from exceptionally different backgrounds.  One is an Ohio native, the son of Russian...

At least you established that your response was not meant to deflect. Hope all is well Outlaw!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

over your head cosplay GIF by Comic-Con HQ

7 hours ago, BigSteve said:

over your head cosplay GIF by Comic-Con HQ

If that's indicating it's going over your head, you are vastly better off for it ....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If that's indicating it's going over your head, you are vastly better off for it ....

It was a discussion that resembled “Who’s on first”?.  

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It was a discussion that resembled “Who’s on first”?.  

It's more like a conversation with Prof Irwin Corey ...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That one went over my head, I hate it when you make me have to use google, but it does appear your analogy was spot on. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That brings back memories.