• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ross Dellenger article about the CFP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Absolutely not. 

We've spent 25 years building equity into this system.

First it was having a national championship game. 

Then it was getting the smaller schools opportunities for New Years bowls with restrictions.

Then it was guaranteeing a G5 spot. 

Now it's guaranteeing a G5 playoff spot. 

A G5 playoff wipes that all away. 

And by the way-Aresco may have had his flaws, but that was far and away his biggest win-protecting AAC access while giving a shot to the other conferences. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,473
  • Days Won:  0

College football will never be saved until there is a nationwide restructuring.

CF needs to group the teams together so each division makes sense geographically and has some parity amongst the athletic budgets.

You could have 19 7-team divisions where each division champ gets an automatic spot in a 32-team playoff.

19 auto-bids with 13 at-large spots. The highest ranked 16 auto-qualifiers could get a bye week.

That would be a fun sport to watch.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

The G5 playoff is stupid and won’t happen.  The constant free agency coupled with the inequities will have a serious impact on the interest.  There was a time I found CFB more interesting than the NFL, no longer.  I found the NBA a must watch, now I don’t watch it at all.  I guess all good things come to an end and my projection is the future is not bright for CFB, I may be wrong but yet I rarely am 😀

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/23/2024 at 9:36 AM, 350_BULL said:

I find it interesting how much people watch the product even when their team is not anywhere in the picture

You mean me? It's all about 'are you a college football fan' versus the 'I'm a USF football fan...exclusively'.  I'm in front of the TV for about twelve hours per Saturday in the fall. There's some great football being played (entertainment value) almost every weekend. I was a NCSU / FSU fan long before USF showed up. 😎

Edited by WoolyBully
punctuation
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

26 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

You mean me? It's all about 'are you a college football fan' versus the 'I'm a USF football fan...exclusively'.  I'm in front of the TV for about twelve hours per Saturday in the fall. There's some great football being played (entertainment value) almost every weekend. I was a NCSU / FSU fan long before USF showed up. 😎

I was as well, I loved  the U before and shortly after we had a team.  I still like CFB  a lot, however interest is starting to wain a bit.  Fortunately I have the means to make most games interesting but have been more interested in the NFL as of late. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Fortunately I have the means to make most games interesting 

Yes, there is that. 😉