• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great message from Coach Amir

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Wasn't trying to be melodramatic. I give to try to keep the players here and then they leave because someone from another school has more money than me. Call it what you want. Not a great feeling.

Upon further review, if you donated specifically to one of the players who bailed, I do understand feeling "used" in that regard ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Upon further review, if you donated specifically to one of the players who bailed, I do understand feeling "used" in that regard ....

I can understand how donors feel.  I haven't donated but I plan to for the basketball team only (I feel like football is the priority with the NIL collective).  I realize we can't compete with the blue bloods but I do think if a lot of fans each contribute $100 each month, we can make a difference in the future.  Unfortunately, I believe there are very few fans donating with the lack of transparency from Fowler Ave NIL.

1 hour ago, BigSteve said:

I can understand how donors feel.  I haven't donated but I plan to for the basketball team only (I feel like football is the priority with the NIL collective).  I realize we can't compete with the blue bloods but I do think if a lot of fans each contribute $100 each month, we can make a difference in the future.  Unfortunately, I believe there are very few fans donating with the lack of transparency from Fowler Ave NIL.

Are NIL organizations for other schools transparent in comparison?

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Are NIL organizations for other schools transparent in comparison?

I don't know--probably the same as USF.  But us to get more NIL money, we have to do something different or general more interest somehow.  The status quo isn't working.  Only 200 contribute monthly.  The potential is there, but fans have no trust or interest (we have to make them interested!).

I would like for the NIL Collective to publish actual numbers and where the money is going (every penny).  It's a for-profit (and I'm fine with them taking a cut-- it's a business) but fans need to be comfortable and understand where their money is going and facts be verified.  Let's see numbers and we can better understand the situation. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  306

On 4/12/2024 at 5:41 PM, panchosanchez99 said:

We already have two that you have not seen play yet in Brown and Jennings. Like I said, I feel better with Reynolds, Jennings, and Brown than I did with CY, Pryor, and Miguel.

What’s your take on Jennings? I don’t know much about his game. Saw he only averaged 6 pts at his last year at KSU.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

And on the positive side I do believe we should feel thankful for having the players actually suiting up for USF. All of your support has helped USF make that possible. USF had good seasons in most of their athletic programs so I believe USF fans & supporter should get some credit imo. I went to the USF softball game yesterday after the Spring Game and looked like a great crowd there to watch USF beat Wichita St. Good to see the support.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

What’s your take on Jennings? I don’t know much about his game. Saw he only averaged 6 pts at his last year at KSU.

From another thread, he seems pretty high on him but we'll just have to wait and see ....

19 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Do you realize that his numbers over his first 3 years are better than Miguel's over the same period? Miguel had 27 games this year where he had double-digit field goal attempts. In his last year, Jennings did not have a single game with at least 10 field goal attempts. Meanwhile Miguel had 15 games with at least 10 FGA the same year under CBG. Miguel may appear to be better just purely on volume.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

On tape, looks very good to me. According to CAAR, very good. He did not attempt many field goals. And in their unselfish style of play, Cy and Terrell Burden were the main guys.

7 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

On tape, looks very good to me. According to CAAR, very good. He did not attempt many field goals. And in their unselfish style of play, Cy and Terrell Burden were the main guys.

I have a feeling Coach will ask Jennings to take on more of a scoring role along with Reid.  With only 8 players, Coach will bring in some more scoring.  Jennings looks really good in highlights, stats be damned.

• Upvote 1