• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG has NOT stepped up!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I agree with you. That is true, however this is the case in most SG's. BTW USF SG is ranked #2 in the state behing UCF. We have a good SG.

Brittany is right. Very few schools entered in this competition last year, and it's restricted to public universities minus UF.

On top of that, the only reason we got second place has to do with the fact that Jen Brack put together a professional application and Brittany Link (then in SG Marketing) put together one hell of a video presentation about our SG that no other SG could have included in their application package.

Our SG is not top in the state. This year has been an improvement in the sense that the fort has been held down better than in the past. This does not mean we have been shining stars of innovation.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Let me just take the time to say that The Reaper is my idol! He makes it out to SO MANY USF events, despite health troubles, obstacles, and scheduling conflicts. He actually keeps up with what goes on on campus, and it's only someone like him that would have had the heart to care about SG's role, SBC's role, and what the students are up to. Once people graduate and move on, they no longer pay attention to stuff like that, and The Reaper can be considered a great source of suggestions and a wealth of information. Keep it up MRebe, looking forward to seeing you again soon!

~ Faza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Brandon- saw you and Brittany at the women's basketball game tonight. Thanks for coming out and supporting our girls...now THAT's a sorry situation.  Our women's basketball team is AMAZING and we had just about as many North Florida fans in the stands if not more...but whatever...Sheats is back woohoo!!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193

BRITTANY FOR PRESIDENT!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think it' is unfair to be throwing this in the face of the SG at this point. Lets be serious, why should they be expected to allocate money for a bowl game in advance, when we have never been. Further, the number of students that travel to non BCS bowls area shade under 1000. This includes the big schools.

Throwing the weight on the SG for our poor attendance is just an excuse. As is throwing it on the alumni (many are fans of other universities b/c there was no football for many years). Throwing it on the community is stupid too, fans haven't caught on to USF football with theBucs in payoff contention and the Lightning back at play.

Its plain and simple. The team doesn't have THAT many fans yet. 4,800 is what we sold, in 10 years It will be doub;e. The team might not look like a 9 year old team, but you cannot expect fans not to look like that. This is a VERY BIG college football state, most casual college fans have picked one of the Big 3.

Building a fan base will take time. Have patience.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29

holy crap, maybe i'm getting old, but has the term "road trip" died somewhere?

heck yeah...stuff like this is what credit cards were made for!

and in SG's defense-they did advertise the student package in the Oracle. I know it's not a good excuse but with Christmas coming I know a lot of students who wanted to go but didn't have the spare money (even with credit cards).

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

For those of you keeping score out there, past SGs (circa 2001-2003) did not enter the best SG thing because it is a waste of time to fill out the application.  The time you spend on it is better served working for the students.  Its a ranking completed by a magazine out of Gainesville to help sell ad space, etc.  

Maybe DMince will run for President as a grad student one day.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Brandon, thanks so much for those kind words. I feel very humbled by your thoughts. USF has become my passion. Ever since I got here, it was my goal to get involved and to try to make even a little difference. I have seen universities on fire, and ones that are not. The one's on fire were amazing, and the student body rocked. That is why, even at my age, (not saying I am an old fart, dammit!), that I dress up in a black cape and put on a mask. It is with th hope of someone else who can catch the fire and do what I am doing. My vision is to have the whole south stands at the Sundome in masks along with my buds, the Beef Studs, being as rowdie and voicetrous as they can be. Why you ask? It's because I care. I care about the students, who will go through life facing hard times. It is my hope that when those hard times hit, they can maybe reflect back on maybe one expirience that they had supporting USF.  Trust me, it is not my attempt to call out anyone in particular. It is just that I see nothing being done to get the stu's out, and it hurts me! The SBC has done a magnificent job in getting their group going. Students should be signing up for this great organization. Again, I am sorry SG if I offended anyone. But it is time to make yourself known on campus to the students, not just at election time. Get involved as a rep. Stand out in front of Cooper when you have a free time. Get feedback of the wants and needs of the students. SG pres, and VP. Make yourself known on this campus. Do the same thing as I suggested to the reps. Get known. After all We voted you in to be our voice. If you don't know what we want, what voice do we have?

Now there it is. It is up to you. I am going to be your watchdog this next semester. Do yourselves and the stu's at USF the best you can offer. You and us will never regret it!

Now it's on to Charlotte, and Go BULLS. I will be looking forward to seeing all of you. To find me, just ask "where's the Reaper?"        

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

Oh the SG days. I was involved with Mike Griffin USFGriff was President.

Let me just say this to you Mike: You are definetly one of the top 30 USF SG Presidents of all time in my opinion. Good job!!!