• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If we do not get into the NCAA.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, hm101 said:

i would prefer that we learn how to actually win the things we need to win

if we don't win the AAC tourney I kinda dont want an NCAA bid and frankly don't care about the NIT

no more gimmicks as a program, no more getting in on potential or flashes

we HAVE to learn to WIN the games to EARN our place

i think you get  in any way you can. Personally I feel that if we win today we would have earned it regardless as to whether we get in or not.

Regarding the NIT it would be a nice consolation price. However, it would be a bit disappointing imo since we are so close.

Regardless an amazing season no matter what happens for the rest of the season.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Personally, I think the Tourney should be all the reg season champs and the conf tourney champs ..... fill in with at-larges.

Sorry, there are conferences that absolutely do not deserve 2 teams in the tourney and inevitable this would lead to that.  Unfortunately our current conference might be one of those conferences (this year at least)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Sorry, there are conferences that absolutely do not deserve 2 teams in the tourney and inevitable this would lead to that.  Unfortunately our current conference might be one of those conferences (this year at least)

Yea, I 100 percent agree. The only way they could do it in this way is if they added more teams to the NCAAT set up by adding an extra round.  But I would not be in favor of that since that would make earning a bid less special.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Yea, I 100 percent agree. The only way they could do it in this way is if they added more teams to the NCAAT set up by adding an extra round.  But I would not be in favor of that since that would make earning a bid less special.

There used to be conferences that did not have tourneys so the regular season champ got the auto-bid, but all have gone away from that.  Mostly because they are moneymakers, but also because it hurt some of the teams that were trying to play their way in. 

Bottom line, the ncaa tourney starts with the conference tournaments for a lot of these conferences and that adds to the excitement as far as I'm concerned.  I've been enjoying some great basketball for over a week now by watching these tournament games.   No reason to change the format because we may fall short

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, olafberserker said:

I get that but there are conferences that don't even deserve 1 in the tourney. Reg season championships are tougher than tournament championships and should mean something. Bump up the tourney number to give some additional at-larges ........ and I do fully realize this will never ever happen.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I get that but there are conferences that don't even deserve 1 in the tourney. Reg season championships are tougher than tournament championships and should mean something. Bump up the tourney number to give some additional at-larges ........ and I do fully realize this will never ever happen.

I don't necessarily agree with that

And I think that every conference champion deserves a spot in the dance.  That's what makes it special unlike the popularity contest that is college football playoffs

Edited by olafberserker

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

And I think that every conference champion deserves a spot in the dance.

So do I ....... :shade:

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,926
  • Days Won:  2

Fondly remembering when 20 wins would get you in the tournament.  

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

Mindset is watching USF getting revenge & beating UAFNB today! Then tomorrow I expect to see USF beat FAWHO?  Once again. Case close. USF will be set for a 12 seed to beat a 5 seed in Big Dance. That is where my Bull Matrix mind set is focused on rn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Mindset is watching USF getting revenge & beating UAFNB today! Then tomorrow I expect to see USF beat FAWHO?  Once again. Case close. USF will be set for a 12 seed to beat a 5 seed in Big Dance. That is where my Bull Matrix mind set is focused on rn.

Then stop posting in this thread