• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida Locked As Fifth Seed In 2024 AAC Women’s Basketball Championship

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Let’s hope she’s the answer. Still need another PG, unless Marina comes around.

If the Hard Rock had a bet on Marina coming back I'm betting that she won't be back - and Emma will probably be gone as well. Transfer Portal needs to be hit hard. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  766
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Too much for this team to overcome with their challenges offensively. Sammie’s injury really was the end of the season. Probably astonishing that they won 19 games with their lack of options on offense.

Lots of offseason questions to answer:

You have some building blocks if Sammie comes back fully healthy along with Levy and Blasigh, but who’s the PG? Who’s the post? Is this all we can expect from Danie and Carla?

Well, the answer to who the PG will be was already answered. My honest opinion about the post is Mputu. She has looked the most impressive of the bigs to me all season, despite not much playing time. And in the game on Sunday, I think she turned in the best performance of a big this season. Yet, mysteriously, she sees no action yesterday. 

When we lost by 20+ to UTSA earlier, I felt that there was no way would turn in another horrible shooting performance against them. We almost did, with the difference being that Blasigh stepped up. Which begs the question, with 16 seconds left and down by 2, why was a play designed for Evelien with Blasigh having a hot hand? Evelien was something like 5-18, missing quite a few easy layups. Was the decision to not play Mputu based on Evelien crying after the game on Sunday? Was it the same reason for having her take the last shot? Did we give up the season to appease Evelien?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

17 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Well, the answer to who the PG will be was already answered. My honest opinion about the post is Mputu. She has looked the most impressive of the bigs to me all season, despite not much playing time. And in the game on Sunday, I think she turned in the best performance of a big this season. Yet, mysteriously, she sees no action yesterday. 

When we lost by 20+ to UTSA earlier, I felt that there was no way would turn in another horrible shooting performance against them. We almost did, with the difference being that Blasigh stepped up. Which begs the question, with 16 seconds left and down by 2, why was a play designed for Evelien with Blasigh having a hot hand? Evelien was something like 5-18, missing quite a few easy layups. Was the decision to not play Mputu based on Evelien crying after the game on Sunday? Was it the same reason for having her take the last shot? Did we give up the season to appease Evelien?

I'm not sure the play was designed for her. Think they took away the other options and she ended up with it. Was watching with a fan who was a college ref and that was his take FWIW. I have a hard time believing coach wanted the ball in her hands at the end as first or second choice.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

The last play was designed for Vittoria. UTSA defended her well.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

Any last shot should be designed for Levy.