• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has anyone heard if Andre' will be playing?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Someone mentioned that he might sit out due to concerns about the invitations to games with NFL implications...   Wasn't sure if that was true or not.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I am sure we are not talking about the Bowl Game ... maybe one of the SR Bowls.

Andre Hall TOUCHDOWN !!!

I'll admit, the info I got was a few hands down the line and fairly loose.  The way I was discussed was that he wanted to rest up and not risk injury due to potential NFL Draft positioning in the Senior bowl and whatnot.   So he was contemplating not playing in Charlotte.   Again, I hope this information is not correct, but it is something mentioned to me today and was disturbing.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

It actually makes no sense ... he would do his best running with the O-Line that gave him all the yards on National TV and get most of the reps during the game ... the SR Bowls, he would share time and go with a line that has been practicing for a week.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

what a joke....nfl scouts will be watching the bowl game. If he were to sit out it would kill him come April. Besides from everything I have ever read about #2 he wouldn't miss this game unless he was seriously injured....even then he would probably suit up.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

Andre Hall is good....exceptionally good at USF...but don't you think that if Reggie Bush is playing in his bowl game that it would make sense for some of us - just being honest - who are farther down the professional food chain - to put together a hilight reel? And what better showcase than your school's bowl game?

No reason for him to sit anything out.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Not at all true.

Hall cancelled on one post season bowl to play in another more glamorous post season bowl.

The only thing that would keep Hall out of the USF bowl game would be grades and I'm pretty sure he passed.

I agree his grades should be fine.  The question is how many scouts will really be at this game.  Chances are there will be more at the senior bowl.  I believe he also accepted an invitation to another bowl (need to review posts to confirm).   Anyway, if the guy is worried about overworking him self, or exposing himself to injury, it would make sense to step aside.  

Again, I hope it isn't true, but the discussion took place at a holiday party in the past 10 days so fairly recent.  I truly hope you are all right, and this is just misinformation.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Big time misinformation... probably one of the funniest rumors I've ever heard started going into a bowl game in all my years of existence. Importance of a player's career... Regular season games... then bowl games... any other games are icing on the cake. No player would ever sit out a bowl game to rest up for the senior bowl... and if anyone can provide me one name in the history of college football that a player sat out a team's bowl game for the senior bowl (and not suspended ala Lavernious Coles), I will buy you a round of beer in Charlotte.