• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What did the best USF MBB Season look like?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, MMW said:

I'm not as close to the battle lines around here so that wentbover my head.

I think you side stepped my question.

To make it more generic, would you like to win a lesser conference or finish mid-tier in a top level conference?

Which season would you consider more successful?

I'm going to share my opinion, I think winning a conference is vastly more significant. No one gives a s*** about where you finish in the Big 10, Big East etc if you're not number one.  

When I say "no one" I mean no one in the real world, not on these forums.

I definitely wouldn't mind the certainty of knowing that finishing mid-level in the Big East was usually enough to get you in the tournament. You also knew when you got to the tournament that the team was battle tested because the Big East conference that routinely put half the league in the tournament was rugged AF and there were very few patsies.

I'd love a conference championship this year though. Even if it means we beat a couple strong programs and a bunch of also-rans, winning a conference is something. FWIW I do think the AAC is better than it gets credit for as a basketball conference. The new adds, while underwhelming in football, were very good basketball adds IMO

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,586
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I think if I'm reading this right, he means just a one off season. I think everyone would prefer to still be in the Big East.

Me personally give me the conference championship if they both come with the ncaa bid.

If it's a one off season and both scenarios are the same, NCAA's or no NCAA's, it's definitely the conf championship. The more winning, the better ...