• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like FAU Game will be a sell out…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

That it was murdering instead of being murdered makes it feel a bit better I must admit 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

They do, in different capacities. For this one, special game, you want to get as many fans as possible in there. I'm not sure how this is even debatable ...

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

So you are saying usf athletics without debate made a huge mistake on their biggest of days ?

USF Athletics for the win again .....

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

USF Athletics for the win again .....

But they didn’t open up more tickets as was being suggested 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, puc86 said:

But they didn’t open up more tickets as was being suggested 

The "capacity" of the YC is not 10,659 to my knowledge ...... could be wrong, though.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

The "capacity" of the YC is not 10,659 to my knowledge ...... could be wrong, though.

It’s not it’s a couple of hundred less than that which isn’t a whole lot of every other person that walks into the stadium. The argument was after usf ran out of tickets to sell that they should now sell more having sold out.

My argument was everyone has more than enough warning that we were going to sell out and you shouldn’t reward them with now yet another release of tickets. USF didn’t release any more tickets at that point, I know because I was monitoring the market as were others. We got what we deserved and we will be more likely to buy tickets next time, which would not be the case if you just let people know that our tickets aren’t that special and always available to walk ups no matter how special the game. 

Did you even read what you were arguing for or against even in a glancing manner?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You are correct. Basically it was beyond a sell out. Standing room only tix 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s not it’s a couple of hundred less than that which isn’t a whole lot of every other person that walks into the stadium. The argument was after usf ran out of tickets to sell that they should now sell more having sold out.

My argument was everyone has more than enough warning that we were going to sell out and you shouldn’t reward them with now yet another release of tickets. USF didn’t release any more tickets at that point, I know because I was monitoring the market as were others. We got what we deserved and we will be more likely to buy tickets next time, which would not be the case if you just let people know that our tickets aren’t that special and always available to walk ups no matter how special the game. 

Did you even read what you were arguing for or against even in a glancing manner?

I knew you never understood what I was saying. Because that was never my argument but you were arguing back with me. USF did exactly what I was suggesting. Selling enough to ensure a record crowd was achieved and not just a tie if 100% capacity meant it would be a tie to the previous record. Sell capacity + 1 ticket. They sold capacity + hundreds more. No one ever said open up tickets to sell more to those who didn’t buy them early. You were disagreeing with no one but a made up thought in your head. 

Just now, USFBulls12 said:

I knew you never understood what I was saying. Because that was never my argument but you were arguing back with me. USF did exactly what I was suggesting. Selling enough to ensure a record crowd was achieved and not just a tie if 100% capacity meant it would be a tie to the previous record. Sell capacity + 1 ticket. They sold capacity + hundreds more. No one ever said open up tickets to sell more to those who didn’t buy them early. You were disagreeing with no one but a made up thought in your head. 

So you were suggesting to do absolutely nothing at the point they had already met their sellout? What’s the point of suggesting to do what’s already done and over?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Just now, puc86 said:

So you were suggesting to do absolutely nothing at the point they had already met their sellout? What’s the point of suggesting to do what’s already done and over?

Well since no one from usf ticket sales was looking to me for suggestions. I said if they were smart, that’s what they would have done, sold to capacity + 1 for the hype/ headlines of a record attendance. At whatever time I posted that this morning probably minutes before tipoff, I certainly wasn’t making policy changes to ticket sales from my bedroom lol. It was obviously a retroactive discussion of whether they did or did not perform that action to ensure a new record was achieved today, even if by just 1 ticket sale. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

ELECTRIC afternoon in the YC . . . until our knucklehead students started chanting “overrated” with 10 minutes still left to play. Low basketball IQ there.  🙂

• Upvote 2