• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future of College Sports TV rights/networks/services/etc.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

8 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Couple of notable articles from the last couple of months: Amazon/Netflix further expanding into live sports - 

APNEWS.COM

Netflix and the NFL announced a three-year deal for the streaming giant to carry games on Christmas Day.
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Disney and Warner Bros. Discovery want to stay in the NBA business, but the league is looking to add more partners for its next deal.

So annoying.  This sucks.

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

How about teaming up with Microsoft Xbox. The AAC could save that company.

I suspect nothing can same them now.  They are on a death spiral.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

24 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Yup! USF is going to be fine. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

I imagine  in the near future every team will have an app and you will pay a subscription to watch your team. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

42 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I imagine  in the near future every team will have an app and you will pay a subscription to watch your team. 

Pretty much. I will just continue to go to the games in person if possible. If not will find USF watch parties which are usually great. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

That would actually be pretty cool assuming USF gets to keep the profits.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

WWW.ESPN.COM

ESPN and TNT Sports have reached a five-year agreement for TNT Sports to sublicense select College Football Playoff games from ESPN starting this season, the...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/3/2024 at 10:46 AM, Bull94 said:

possibly. not sure of the # of season ticket holders + students we have. probably a good indication of how many subscribers we would get.

As is always the case, the question will become...do I value watching USF football to the point of paying $X? A long time ago, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, the benefit of cable TV was "hey, look at all the sports I get". Now, not so much. If you value watching [insert desired league here], you end up having to have an app, or pay to stream the delivery in addition to what you're already paying for your television delivery (21st century television, obviously) and your 'entertainment' streams. Eventually, that adds up and factors in to just how badly you want to watch [insert desired league here]. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

As is always the case, the question will become...do I value watching USF football to the point of paying $X? A long time ago, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, the benefit of cable TV was "hey, look at all the sports I get". Now, not so much. If you value watching [insert desired league here], you end up having to have an app, or pay to stream the delivery in addition to what you're already paying for your television delivery (21st century television, obviously) and your 'entertainment' streams. Eventually, that adds up and factors in to just how badly you want to watch [insert desired league here]. 

Might I interest you in a new... Venu? 

WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM

Details of ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery Joint Venture Take Shape with Brand and Logo Unveiling Los Angeles, CA & New York, NY – May 16, 2024 – Pete Distad...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

The other thing, in my case, is that once you get past the NFL, college football & basketball, I have no interest in any other sports. No NBA, no MLB, no NHL, certainly not golf, nor tennis, nor soccer.  And to be clear, that does mean zero interest in the Rays or Lightning. What is that...about nine months of sports total? It'd be interesting to see what VENU has to offer as a replacement for the Sling Sports Pack. 

• Upvote 1